Don't over estimate yourself, kiddo

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Don't over estimate yourself, kiddo

Post by SoraDaRealest on 12/17/2014, 7:49 pm

Adrian walks into the arena, looking for something- or someone - to practice with. He began to wonder if there would be many that could stack up... Not many people looked intimidating to him in the slightest.

SoraDaRealest

Male
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2014-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Don't over estimate yourself, kiddo

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/18/2014, 6:51 pm

Lessons were over at the arena, which meant that whoever wanted to come and train could do so. Logically, it was what Chiara did. Sure, she could also have gone hunting in the woods or go bully some kids with Namir and their gang, but with the war, she needed to stay in top condition and draw herself to her limits, get better and better.
The short daughter of Ares was dressed in a black tank top with urban camouflage trousers, the bottom hem tucked into her metal-tipped combat boots. She had her Myrmidon shield on her arm, embossed with an ant, and her xiphos in her right hand. Her three throwing knives were sheathed at her belt and her boot knife was ... well, in her boot. Duh. All of her blades and weapons were painted in matte black to avoid any reflections, and all had a modern design: nylon fiber handles and three holes near the guard to make the blades lighter.
Chiara had tucked her fiery red curls away under a black bandanna and was jumping over a hurdle path set up in one side of the arena. Except she actually had to watch out for the temporary traps the Hephaestus guys liked to set up. Today as she had found out, it was flame jets and water pits. Oh yeah, and the automatons that would try to chop you to minced meat.

Chiara jumped over a hurdle just the moment fire spewed at her from the wall. In a muscular reflex, her arm brought her shield in front of her but some flames caught her legs, making her trousers crackle with a smell of burnt cloth. A burning pain shot at her calves, making her grit her teeth. I gotta  make it through. Come on, two hurdles left. Her developed muscles were sore and hot from the effort, the ground blurring under her feet as she jumped over yet another hurdle, parrying an automaton's attack with the flat of her blade before kicking it back and crawling over the last hurdle that also happened to be a crawl-under set with barbed wire.
Her clothes were already wet and uncomfortable from having fallen into the hidden water pits, she had a number of burns on her skin, including one on her nose and cheek from the flames and several bleeding cuts from the automatons. She gritted her teeth and crawled under the barbed wire, feeling it scratch at her shoulders as she moved forward with her elbows, like she had been taught to in the military youth camp she had attended (back when she was still on good terms with her mother).

The ground suddenly opened beneath her and she felt her waist and legs dangle into the void under her, pulling the rest of her body with them. Water pit. She had managed to hold on to the edge with one hand but had dropped her sword in the movement. Damn this to Hades. She had to make into the top three times on this, no time to loose. Extending her hand, she let her sword fly back into it, heaved herself out of the pit and resumed crawling under the wire. Come on, two meters -- one meter --
Done!

She crawled away from under the wire and went to position herself in front of the large celestial bronze fans, letting them blow hot air on her. She was dry in a heartbeat. Next she went to the refreshments table and scooped up a translucent paste to cure her burns, applying them around on the bruised areas; it felt deliciously refreshing.

"What's my time?" she asked the guy behind the table.

"55.32 seconds," he replied and Chiara grinned. She had gotten better by three seconds. Pushing a rebellious curl under her bandanna, she went to grab a water bottle and gulped down some mouthfuls before turning it upside down over her head for a second, soaking her hair and forehead wet to get rid of the sticky sweat she had accumulated in that hurdle race.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female
Number of posts : 15434
Registration date : 2011-12-31

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
(My mystery box prizes: 2 god parent gifts+2 slots+1exotic pet)

Back to top Go down

Post by SoraDaRealest on 12/18/2014, 7:42 pm

Adrian smiled at the display, smiling widely. He was extremely impressed. The girl had been so absorbed in her routine, that she hadn't noticed that she was standing right beside him.

"That was really impressive." Adrian says, looking down at the girl. He wondered how something so small could be so... Graceful? That's exactley what he thought of the performance. Graceful. And he realized, with a hint of jealousy, that this girl was not only a match... But probably better than him.

SoraDaRealest

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/18/2014, 9:05 pm

Chiara looked up at the guy, he was about a year younger than her. No beaded necklace, he must be a newbie.

"Thanks, punk," she replied, shaking her wet curls, making droplets fly around for a second. She wasn't exactly inhabited to compliments by other people than Namir or Damian, since most of the time she punched people in the face before they even had the chance to talk.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by SoraDaRealest on 12/18/2014, 9:10 pm

"Punk?" Adrian asked, scoffing. "I don't know if you want to go around calling random people punk." He says. She was impressive, of course... But it appeared she didn't have any powers. And well... She wasn't stacking up too well against him physically.

He did have to admit though, he liked her style, and wanted to see if she could keep it up.

SoraDaRealest

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/18/2014, 9:35 pm

OOC: Chiara showed one of her powers in my first post, when she made her sword fly back into her hand.

BIC: "I've been calling random people punk and d!ckhead all my life," Chiara sneered. "What, did I hurt your wittle feelings?"

She tossed her now empty bottle of water into a nearby bin and rubbed more paste onto the burn on her shoulder. Her tank top and camo pants both had slight holes and burn marks from the flames, but there again, Chiara's clothes weren't the best-kept either so it wasn't that much of a problem.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by SoraDaRealest on 12/18/2014, 9:41 pm

(Oh, I must have not seen it. Well ill just say he missed it too)

"What do you mean like me? Random people you meet on the streets?" I ask, chuckling a bit. "You don't know me."

He couldn't believe this girl could be so cocky! To be honest though, he kinda liked it. He was really liking this girl, despite her assholish demeanor. It also helped she wasn't half bad looking either.

"You really wanna intimidate me, don't you?"

SoraDaRealest

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/18/2014, 9:55 pm

"I don't think knowing ya would make much of a difference, noob," she said. "As long as you can't handle your ass out there, you're the dirt under my shoes."

She sheathed her xiphos at her belt and started unstrapping her shield from her arm. "Intimidate you? Why would I wanna intimidate you? Only ones I wanna intimidate are my opponents, and since you're about as competent on the field as a daisy, I have no fcks to give about you."
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by SoraDaRealest on 12/18/2014, 10:01 pm

"So I'm dirt under your shoe?" Adrian asks. Okay, so maybe he wasnt liking this girl too much. "Why don't you spar with me for a little bit of respect then?" He wanted this girl to learn a bit of a lesson- on how not to underestimate random people.

"It could be a good expierence for you." Adrian says, picking up his spear and shield.

SoraDaRealest

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/19/2014, 7:45 am

Chiara scoffed. "Newbies. You put a sword in their hand and they think they're Chuck Norris. Look here, btch, can you see this?" She fumbled in the neck of her shirt before taking out her Camp Half-Blood necklace, which counted nine beads. "I've been here nine years, I'm a daughter of Ares, I've fought in battles, took part in combat missions, I've been fighting monsters and going to military youth camps while you still watched My Little Pony," she arrogantly boasted. "Tell me exactly, what are you gonna try to do?"
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by SoraDaRealest on 12/19/2014, 8:37 am

"Win." Adrian says simply, smirking a bit. "I'm a son of Victory, that's what I do." He says, simply. "Now get ready, I wanna get my hands dirty."

The son of Nike was thinking back to the display the girl had given him. Racking his brain for a weakness. She seemed to be extremely reckless, so he would use that to his advantage. Get the fight slow and wear her down.

SoraDaRealest

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/19/2014, 9:04 am

"Being a son of Nike doesn't save you from getting your butt handed to you, hun," she taunted. "Now if you wanna embarrass yourself, that's your problem. Let's just hope your mom won't be too ashamed of you when she meets you? I heard she doesn't dig failure."

Chiara re-strapped her shield to her strong, freckled arm, the matte black painting giving off no reflection at all. She took her sword in her hand, its xiphos-shape antique but the design modern. She didn't have any of those pretty scythe weapons or stabby blades some people liked to hamper themselves with, no, her weapons weren't designed to look pretty, they were designed to chop and kill.

"So let's see your moves, what are you gonna try to do? You think two weeks at Camp Half-Blood suddenly turned you into Achilles?" she asked with a mocking grin, her breathing making her developed abs and flat chest heave up and down softly. She was still king of panting from the hurdle race but she still had a mighty dose of adrenaline.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by SoraDaRealest on 12/19/2014, 9:11 am

"Nah, I just think I was born talented." Adrian replies, with an arrogant smirk.

Still... Adrian wasn't sure how he wanted to approach her. With spear and shield, he felt at home on the defensive end. But he wasn't sure if his defense would be able to keep up. He decided offense would be the best defense, so he stepped forward, watching for any movement.

SoraDaRealest

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/19/2014, 9:27 am

"Oh look, another huge ego," she said, rolling her eyes.

She was standing in a relaxed, casual pose, the flat of her blade on her shoulder, her shield arm hanging down. She had some sand on her clothes from crawling and rolling on the sandy arena but most had been swept away by the fans's hot air though some of her cuts still bled. The muscular daughter of Ares just stood there, eyeing him with her mocking green eyes, a grin on her overfreckled face.
She was just going to let him attack and do a game of defense.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by SoraDaRealest on 12/19/2014, 9:34 am

Adrian went in for an attack, but stopped, noticing she wasn't trying to get out the first attack. Had she realized he might go for an offensive tactic? He hesitated now, unsure.

"Why don't you go ahead and show me what those 9 years have stacked up to, old lady?' He taunted. This just... Didn't feel right. If she didn't bite on this, he would go ahead and attack. But this felt... Weird.

SoraDaRealest

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/19/2014, 10:00 am

"If I did, you'd be in the infirmary for a week straight," Chiara grinned with arrogance. "Be grateful I don't and get on with it. I don't have all day to wait for your lazy ass."

She let her hips sway to the side (not in a pretty-Aphrodite-girl kind of way, but to put her weight on her left leg) and raised her chin. She may be smaller than him, but she had trained all her life to fight against taller people.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by SoraDaRealest on 12/19/2014, 10:13 am

Cocky. Exactly what adrian thought. "If you say so..." He says. He poked at her from behind his sheild, testing her defenses as he approached. Oh, adrian couldn't wait for this.

SoraDaRealest

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/19/2014, 11:01 am

Chiara let him poke at her shoulder, the tip of his lance drawing some blood. She stayed motionless as a red trickle ran down her freckled skin and looked at him, waiting for him to actually attack.

"Can you please not bore me?" she said in an annoyed voice.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by SoraDaRealest on 12/19/2014, 11:14 am

"If you say so." Adrian says, smugly.

He then stabs at her leg quickly, counting on her arrogance so the daughter of Ares wouldn't jump back, and swings his shield at the side of her head like a haymaker. If she wasn't taking him seriously, he wanted to end this quickly.

SoraDaRealest

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/19/2014, 11:32 am

Quick as a snake, Chiara jumped up to elude his stab and parried his shield with her sword, driving her blade inside the shield towards the straps holding it to his arm.

OOC: Chiara is going in to cut the straps, are you okay with it or would you rather not?
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by SoraDaRealest on 12/19/2014, 11:36 am

(Yeah, I wasn't expecting that actually. Nice (: )

Darn it. That frickin shield was the key to his offense and like that it was dead weight. Adrian growls and steps back, using the superior range of his spear to keep her at range.

"That all you got?" Adrian growls, keeping his composure.

SoraDaRealest

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/19/2014, 11:56 am

Chiara just chuckled. Did he really think she was taking this fight seriously?

Her sword's razor sharp edge sliced through the straps and the shield dropped down into the sand of the arena. "Whoops." She took a step back, waiting for his next move.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by SoraDaRealest on 12/19/2014, 12:22 pm

Adrian growls lowly. Damn, this chick is fast. He decided to start using his range, since he had no defense- Adrian jabs with his spear at her body, trying to stay aggressive while not getting too close. He wouldn't stand a chance up close now.

SoraDaRealest

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/19/2014, 12:26 pm

The short daughter of Ares alternated between blocks with her shield, jumping over the spear and parrying it with her sword. She could've cut it in half with her xiphos but she preferred not to, not right now.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by SoraDaRealest on 12/19/2014, 1:01 pm

Adrian growls lowly, getting impatient. "Stop squirming!" He keeps on jabbing at you, getting more and more aggressive. They are not at all wild though, he was still fighting with precision. He even threw in a feint at her neck and instead stabbed down at her knee.

SoraDaRealest

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top