Cooling Off

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cooling Off

Post by DeadlyLynx on 1/5/2015, 1:30 pm

Justin was the first of the three to get to the lake, ready to get swimming. The lakeside was full if other campers, relaxing after a hot day of training and working. He turned around and saw both Derek and Alex heading towards him. "You two, are both late."He jokes. To be honest, they were actually early as they had taken less than 10 minutes to get their stuff.
DeadlyLynx

Male
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2014-12-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cooling Off

Post by Green on 1/5/2015, 4:15 pm

Derek had to go to his cabin for a few things that he needed in order for him to actually enjoy the time at the beach. He had decided to wear a pair of light green swimming trunks with a blue sleeveless t-shirt. He had brought along a bag that was filled with water bottles, snacks, and sunscreen. Derek had a yellow towel slung across his back.

"Oh, bite me." Derek mumbled as he looked around for the least crowded space. He smiled a bit as we walked over to the ideal spot. "Here looks good." He stated as he exhaled.
Green
Loyal Member

Male
Number of posts : 4470
Registration date : 2014-11-16

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadlyLynx on 1/5/2015, 5:02 pm

Justin saw Derek pick out a spot, and went to sit down next to him. "The weather'a great today, beats working in the fields." The lake, full of glistening water, seemed to glow in the sunlight. Justin was wearing a pair of red swimming trunks and a green vest, with some brown sandals. "Hey Alex. Me and you, 1 length to the edge of the lake and back." Nothing better than a challenge, Justin was confident he could win.
DeadlyLynx

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hexisdabest on 1/5/2015, 5:12 pm

"Looks nice to me.", he said to Derek. Alexander squeezed a bottle of sunscreen for the last time to apply it on his left arm. It hot today so it's pretty much needed. Taking a dip in the water always cools him off. He's wearing his blue swimming trunks with a pair of red sandals and bought a black towel. He came close to the water and dipped his foot, it was not too cold nor not too hot, it was just right. Justin challenged him, he was not that good at swimming but he's up for it. "What are we waiting for? C'mon lets jump!"
Hexisdabest

Male
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2014-12-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 1/5/2015, 5:26 pm

Derek dug his hands into the sand and slowly started to grow a plant stem. It continued to grow until it formed into a complete plant. The plant has one large leaf that allowed him to get some shade. Thank the gods. "Nah, you guys go ahead. I'll get in in a few." He stated and started to put on some sunscreen. He stared at the water and smiled a bit, remembering going to the beach with his dad.
He soon came back to reality and pulled out a bottled water, unscrewed it, and took a gulp. Nice and cold.
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadlyLynx on 1/5/2015, 5:42 pm

After hearing Derek's denial at the challenge, Justin ripped his vest of and dived into the lake, quickly rushing after Alex. Justin loved competitions, not as much as the Nike kids, because he liked being noticed. He figured it was an Aphrodite thing, wanting to be noticed.
DeadlyLynx

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 1/5/2015, 5:53 pm

He smiled and sat cross legged on his towel, watching the two swim off into the lake. He was going to join them soon of later, but right now he needed to relax a bit. He had been working in the fields for at least an hour and a half. Soon he slowly nodded off to sleep, falling backwards on the lake's shore.
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by Hexisdabest on 1/6/2015, 3:42 am

Alexander swam and kicked furiously. He was enjoying himslef, a good competition is always nice. Behind him, he can already hear Justin getting nearer, louder with every stroke. He did start 10 seconds earlier but swimming isn't really hus thing. Alexander started moving his hands faster, trying to maintain the lead.
Hexisdabest

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadlyLynx on 1/6/2015, 3:26 pm

Both Alex and Justin were quickly approaching Derek's edge of the lake, it was going to be a photo-finish. After reaching the edge, Justin leapt out if the water at the same times as Alex. "Nice one, Alex. Good race."
DeadlyLynx

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 1/6/2015, 4:18 pm

After a while Derek woke up from his short nap and looked around. Apparently both Alex and Justin had finish their race and was now back on the shore. Smirking, the son of Demeter got up and headed toward the lake, ready for his dip in the cool water. It had been awhile since Derek had gone swimming and was kind of excited about getting his feet wet.

He pushed passed Justin with a grin on his face. The water was nice and warm, the right tempature for this son of Harvest. As he went through the water, he started to hum the song The Hanging Tree from the movie Mockingjay.
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by Hexisdabest on 1/6/2015, 5:33 pm

"You're quick! You've even caught up to me with my headstart." He said with a grin. He grabbed his towel and wiped his head. Derek plunged in. He was sleeping the whole race? He thought. Alexander sat on one of the benches and hung his towel on his neck. "It's nice here isn't it?"
Hexisdabest

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadlyLynx on 1/7/2015, 1:24 pm

Justin smiled at Alex'a comment. "Yeah, it's really nice. You can get a tan, or just relax or swim to cool down. Justin dived back into the water and began to float on his back. Justin kicked his feet gently, slow wading over the top of the lake. "I could just go to sleep right here..."
DeadlyLynx

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 1/7/2015, 2:48 pm

Derek turned to find Justin floating on his back. He chuckled lightly before stating, "Don't drown." With that, he headed underwater and began swimming toward the bottom of the lake. He stopped about half way and stared up at Justin's floating body. He controlled the plant life in the water to shoot up as wrap around Justin's waist.
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadlyLynx on 1/7/2015, 3:23 pm

OOC: Wow, just wow.

BIC:Justin felt something tug at his waist and then his ankles, he quickly floated upright, to see some plant pulling him down. Oh no. He was going down, Justin started to panic. He stared user the water to see the same boy he had seen in the fields this morning, Derek. Justin attempted to swim away, back to shore. His attempts were futile, so he held his breath until he was at the bottom of the lake.

He waved and tried to grab hold of Derek, trying to stop him controlling the plants. The weed was anchoring Justin to the bottom, no escape until Derek wanted.
DeadlyLynx

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 1/7/2015, 4:11 pm

OOC: I can make it worse...

BIC: Derek smiled as he watched Justin struggle against his power. This was the moment he was waiting for, payback. If it had been anywhere else, Derek would have tied him up to a tree or something, but since they were at the lake he decided that this would be fine. The son of Demeter held up one finger to signify how many strikes Justin had. After about three more seconds he swim to the surface and untied Justin from the plant. "There, that'll do." He stated when he broke the surface.
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadlyLynx on 1/7/2015, 5:00 pm

Justin swam to the surface as son as the plants untied and saw Derek floating next to him. "Nice one, Farmer. Next time you want to prank me, make sure it doesn't almost kill me." Justin swam backwards while kicking water into Derek's face.

Last edited by DeadlyLynx on 1/8/2015, 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
DeadlyLynx

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 1/7/2015, 5:13 pm

Derek laughed and hid his face from the splashes that came from Justin's paddling. "Whatever, pretty boy." He said with a chuckle as he laid on the surface on his back, relaxing.
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by Hexisdabest on 1/7/2015, 5:22 pm

Alexander smirked on the sight of the two of them. The sight of the two of them going over each other, are they even actually friends? Alexander smiled as he aproached Derek. "He'll prank you back you know?" Alexander laughed. It's always nice to see people pranking each other, especially because he loves to prank people.
Hexisdabest

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 1/7/2015, 5:36 pm

The son of Demeter crossed his arms with a smile still on his face. "He probably will, but then again anything you can do, I can do worse." He whispered to Alex. Derek didn't know Justin that well, but he figured that he wouldn't be able to do much of anything...well he could smother him with a scarf or something, but he doubt that would happen.
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by Hexisdabest on 1/8/2015, 3:44 am

"Well, if you can do anything I do worse, I wouldn't want to hear you sing." Alexander smiled. He looked at the distance where Justin is at and back to Derek. He sat down next to him and grabbed his leather jacket which was hung over by the bench. It was a gift from his father, a magical leather jacket. He took out two snickers bar from the pocket which he put in there earlier. The jacket's pockets are magical in a way that endless amounts of items can be put inside as long as it meets the size limit. He opened the snickers bar and took a bite. He pointed the other snickers bar over to Derek. "Want one?
Hexisdabest

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 1/8/2015, 4:40 pm

Derek laughed a bit and took the snickers bar. He relaxed some, rolling his neck to make it less stiff. "Thanks, Alex." He unwrapped the candy and took a bite of it. The chocolate, nutty taste filled his mouth as he started to chew on the sweet. "I haven't had one of these in a while." He stated, crossing his legs at the ankle.
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadlyLynx on 1/8/2015, 4:59 pm

Justin smirked at Alex's comment. "Alex is right, Derek. I will get you back, just not when you expect it." Justin laughed at the though, he could do worse than whatever Derek could do, make him a laughing stock.
DeadlyLynx

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 1/8/2015, 5:23 pm

The demigod rolled his eyes. "Oh shut up, Justin. Your false threats don't phase me." He said with a smirk before taking a bite of the snickers bar. "I mean, what can you do against me? Draw a unibrow on my forehead?" Derek asked him with a chuckle.
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by Hexisdabest on 1/8/2015, 5:25 pm

"Didn't notice you come up from the water, must've been when I took the jacket" He reached through his jacket's pocket once more and took out another bar of snickers. He hung the jacket neatly on the bench and offered Justin the candy. "Justin, eat a snickers" He said, with the closest impression of those snickers commercials he can do. He threw Justin a bar and sat on the bench. He looked at the lake as it reflected the sun, it looked beautiful. Alexander took another bite of his snickers bar. "I'd probably take a plunge later when I feel like it"
Hexisdabest

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadlyLynx on 1/11/2015, 11:28 am

Justin swam to the edge and climbed out of the water. He caught the Snickers from Alex ad went to sit with the others. As he sank his teeth into the chocolate, he went down to lie on the grass, staring at the sun. "I could lay here for hours, I want a good tan."
DeadlyLynx

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top