[80s Training Montage Music Intensifies]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[80s Training Montage Music Intensifies]

Post by ComicElla. on 1/30/2015, 8:12 pm

Kyra stepped into the Sword Fighting Arena with Tempest after talking to her for a while about her hair. Kyra had changed into her work-out outfit; A pair of baggy grey sweatpants, black tank top, running shoes, red sweatband, and a Celestial Bronze breastplate. "Here we are! The Sword Fighting Arena. One of my favorite places in the camp.The three Arenas were her favorite time waster. Kyra looked around and saw the place was seemingly empty, except for three boys hacking at straw dummies. "Well, there aren't a lot of as--" Kyra said, catching herself in the middle of a swear. "--Butts to kick, so I guess you could watch me or train with me or play with Debbie, if you'd like." Kyra said, kneeling down to meet Tempest's height and speak to her directly.
ComicElla.

Male
Number of posts : 772
Registration date : 2014-03-11

View user profile http://joyandsorrow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [80s Training Montage Music Intensifies]

Post by Kendall on 1/30/2015, 9:01 pm

Tempest, hugging her big yellow Tonka truck to her chest, had seen the inside of this place before -- only once, with Stella and Aidan for maybe about ten minutes or an hour, she didn't know which. She had never fought in here because she was too little and both her sisters thought she'd get hurt -- but she was so much smarter than that.

Kyra was talking and she was about to say something that started with the letter "A" and then changed -- was it a bad word? She heard them sometimes, and when Stella had heard she said she'd punch whoever said that around her. Tempest didn't tattle, though, because a lot of the time these bigger kids were nice to her and she didn't like it when Stella hurt people.

"How do you train?" the little girl asked her sister, looking around at the wide open space and the big straw bags tied to sticks standing straight up.
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
Number of posts : 43508
Registration date : 2008-09-13

View user profile

Kendall (Ares) Archer (Hecate) Avie (Soter) Stella (Ouranos) Aidan (Pyriphlegethon) Tempest (Aeolus) Bee (Melisseus) Nelly (Apollo) Benji (Thoth) Dana (Odyne) Mason (Hermes) Darwin (Hephaestus) Lucy (Somnus; First Cohort)Dorian (Legacy of Mefitis; Third Cohort)Ellie (Dionysus; Hunter of Artemis)

[4 free slots --> Terra, Kai, Rosalie, and Mina are gone]

Back to top Go down

Post by ComicElla. on 1/30/2015, 9:38 pm

"How do you train?" Tempest asked her older sister.

"Well, I believe you're capable enough to wield a weapon." Kyra said, unsheathing her dagger and flipping it in her hand. "But first, lets see how good you are with your powers, my young Padawan." she said, ruffling her little sister's hair. "Sorry, I'm uh, I just like Star Wars." she said. Kyra walked over to a straw dummy and hauled it on her shouler, showing off her "large-for-a-girl" muscles. She placed it down a few feet in front of Tempest and backed away. "Try to knock it over..." Kyra said, pushing a heavy blast of wind at the dummy, knocking it over. "...or lift it." Kyra said, lifting the dummy and standing it up straight with here telekinesis. "Use the Force, Tempest."
ComicElla.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kendall on 1/30/2015, 9:58 pm

Tempest blinked slowly at her sister, then looked at the dummy standing on the ground in front of her. She didn't use her powers a lot -- didn't know if she could, because Stella and Aidan always said she only used it when she was real mad. But she could try? Stella didn't teach her how to use them because Aidan wouldn't let her, and then Stella didn't want anyone else to teach her because she thought everyone in camp except for them and their cousin Benji were "nincompoops." The little girl didn't know what that was, but it sounded bad.

Slowly, the demigod placed her truck Debbie on the ground and, gently with her foot, pushed it so it rolled away to the wall, which it hit real softly. Turning back to the dummy, she stared at it for a long time in what seemed like concentration -- and then looked at Kyra. "Iunno."
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

View user profile

Kendall (Ares) Archer (Hecate) Avie (Soter) Stella (Ouranos) Aidan (Pyriphlegethon) Tempest (Aeolus) Bee (Melisseus) Nelly (Apollo) Benji (Thoth) Dana (Odyne) Mason (Hermes) Darwin (Hephaestus) Lucy (Somnus; First Cohort)Dorian (Legacy of Mefitis; Third Cohort)Ellie (Dionysus; Hunter of Artemis)

Back to top Go down

Post by ComicElla. on 1/30/2015, 10:11 pm

Tempest looked to be in deep concentration when nothing happened to the dummy. "Iunno." she said.

Kyra knelt down next to her little sister. "Looks like no one has taught you to use your powers yet. Well then, I shall be your mentor. Kyra put her hands on Tempest's tiny little arms. "What you have to do is flex your arms..." she said, putting her sister's arms in at a 90 degree angle. "...and push them forward." Kyra said, pushing Tempest's arms out. "You have to feel the strength inside of you. In your core." she said, lightly poking Tempest's abdomen. "Feel the wind. Inhale. Exhale. See the wind. Feel the wind. Be the wind." Kyra said, trying to be as motivational as possible. "Try it yourself. Remember; Feel it in your core, and give it a big push. It's okay if you don't get it on your first try. We'll get it right eventually."
ComicElla.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kendall on 1/30/2015, 10:26 pm

Tempest giggled -- what a silly game they were playing here with all these weird hand motions. She had seen Stella use them before and had seen what she could do, but wasn't that all weird magic stuff? Her mom said it was, and that Tempest shouldn't try to use them so much around other people. It was dangerous, she told her, and people might get hurt or somethin'.

She didn't know how to be wind, because she was just a little girl? That was weird stuff. Kyra must be a little kooky or something. Her arms were bent with her hands straight up and felt, after a minute, a little too weird so she put them down for a second and then concentrated on the dummy again, frowning at it. She raised her arms like Kyra said and concentrated harder, trying to "feel" for the wind -- but nothing happened again.

She huffed and scratched her head. "Maybe I'm too little."
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ComicElla. on 1/31/2015, 11:22 am

Tempest looked to be in deep concentration once again, but nothing happened. "Maybe I'm too little."

Kyra frowned at the dummy and looked at Tempest. "Maybe that is the case." she said. "But there's always a way to get something done." she replied to herself, walking over to her backpack. She pulled out a water bottle and sat it on a table. Kyra walked back to Tempest and angled her body toward the table. "Now, I feel this'll be an easier challenge for you. Do as I instructed; Arms back, push forward. Feel the air around you. Inhale, exhale slowly. Once you feel like you have it, give the air a big shove, like someone is trying to take Debbie."
ComicElla.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kendall on 1/31/2015, 9:51 pm

Okay, so. Arms back -- Tempest did that, just the way Kyra had said to do it before. But she had no idea how to feel the wind, although she could breathe well. Everybody breathed unless they were dead. Why did she have to tell Tempest to do it? Would she forget? She might. Aidan forgot a lot of things, maybe she'd accidentally forget to breathe one day?

She did it anyway, breathing in through her nose and out her mouth like her mom had taught her to do when they were supposedly doing yoga together. The last thing, though, she couldn't do because why would anyone take Debbie? Debbie had her name on it: she had seen her sister Aidan writing on it with Sharpie. Nobody would take it and lie, would they? Stella said there were bad people around, but Tempest thought they weren't really bad and that she was just being very silly again.

Concentrating, the little girl stared intensely at the water bottle and pushed her arms forward -- and there was a small gust of wind, all right, but it definitely wasn't hers.
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ComicElla. on 1/31/2015, 11:27 pm

After what had seemed like a successful attempt, Kyra grinned widely. Then she frowned. Tempest looked puzzled, as if the wind hadn't come from her. "So if it wasn't you, then who..?" Kyra asked. Then she froze and a chill went down her spine, a terrible thought forming. Please don't let that have been Stella. Please, oh, please don't let it have been Stella. Dear Gods, please don't let Stella be behind me when I turn around. Please let it just have been the wind or another wind kid. Just not Stella. she prayed. Then she turned around.
ComicElla.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kendall on 1/31/2015, 11:47 pm

"Why're you doing that?" Tempest asked her as the older girl turned around, looking like she had seen a ghost or something. She hadn't done anything wrong, had she? Nothing fell behind them, none of the weapon racks or dummies or anything. Did she accidentally push something else over? Did she hurt someone? They were alone in the arena, so that might not be it unless she had pushed someone outside and hadn't heard. Tempest poked Kyra in the leg as she awaited her answer, wondering why she was looking around like that. "Did I do somefin wrong?"
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ComicElla. on 2/1/2015, 2:36 pm

"Why're you doing that?" Tempest asked her sister. Kyra sighed with relief. "Did I do somefin wrong?" she asked again.

'Oh no, you didn't do anything wrong, sweetheart." Kyra said, sighing with relief. "I just thought Stella might've been in here." Kyra said. "But nevermind that. Let's see how you are with a dagger." she said, taking one off of the wall next to her. She held it out to Tempest. "Go on, take it. It won't bite."

ComicElla.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kendall on 2/1/2015, 3:48 pm

Tempest stared at the dagger. Nobody ever trusted her with sharp things like that -- not her sisters, not her mother, not Benji or most of the other older kids at camp. So why would Kyra try to give her one to use? That was dangerous.

"But what if I cut someone?" she asked her older sister, looking from the blade back to the blue-haired girl and then back once or twice. She wasn't old enough for this. Her mom had always said not to let her near sharp things, like saws and knives and even needles, because she didn't know how to use them. Maybe she should learn, but....
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ComicElla. on 2/4/2015, 10:18 pm

"But what if I cut someone?" Tempest asked her big sister. "That's sort of the point, pumpkin." Kyra said. "But these knives aren't for cutting people. They're for cutting monsters. Bad bad monsters. Monsters that'll try to hurt you. I'm gonna teach you how to hit them before they hit you."

Kyra could tell by Tempest's expression and body language that she wasn't comfortable with handling a sharp object. But she had to learn sometime, didn't she? Kyra wasn't gonna watch her little sister end up dead. "You're gonna hafta learn how to handle one of these if you wanna survive out in the real world." Kyra said, twirling the blade in her hands. "Its okay if you don't wanna learn. I understand these things aren't easy. I had to learn how to control my powers on my own and to defend myself. But look where I am now!" Kyra exclaimed. "I could teach you exactly how to defend yourself and you would never have to be afraid. But its fine if you don't want to."
ComicElla.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kendall on 2/7/2015, 2:42 pm

"I don't wanna," Tempest said to her simply with a shrug. She could learn when she was older, because then maybe she would know how not to be clumsy and trip and fall on the dagger and all. Aidan and Stella were right, she was too little to learn now. She would be better off playing with her truck because why would she, a five year old, be fighting in anything? She would hurt herself by accident and then that would be the end of the world. "Not safe. Mommy dun't like me havin sharp stuff. Maybe next year."

Or the next. Or the next. Or the next. Aidan said she was gonna wait 'til Temp was seven or eight to start training her, which she thought was okay: she'd know a lot more then, and Stella wouldn't bother them a lot.
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ComicElla. on 2/7/2015, 3:15 pm

"I don't wanna," Tempest said. "Not safe. Mommy dun't like me havin sharp stuff. Maybe next year."

"Ah, oh well. That's fine with me. Kyra said shrugging. "Next year then. I guess you can play with Debby if you want." Kyra sighed, putting the knife back on the wall. That was an idiot move, Kyra. She's a child! Who the hell would give a 5-year-old a knife? she thought to herself. OH! Got it. she thought, an idea forming. "We could always train using your fists. No sharp objects." Kyra said. "Unless you wanna wait until next year for that as well?
ComicElla.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kendall on 2/7/2015, 3:25 pm

Fists? Like kung-fu? Tempest had never heard her sisters talk about that before, just sharp things like swords and knives. They never said no to it, so it wouldn't hurt to try. Mommy always said she should learn to be tough.

She thought a second more before nodding at Kyra, hugging herself as she did so because it was sort of cold in there. Mr. D might be messing with the weather again; Stella always said he was stupid and grumpy and sad and that someday he wouldn't be doing this to them. Tempest didn't care; she thought he was just lonely because his wife wasn't with him. Still didn't mean he could be so mean to them, though. She heard he turned people he hated into squirrels, but squirrels were cute. She wouldn't mind that. "Okay. We can do that. Will it hurt?"
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ComicElla. on 2/25/2015, 7:53 pm

"Okay. We can do that. Will it hurt?"

"Nope, not at all. Now, here's what we're gonna do." she said, kneeling down to meet Tempest's height. "I'm gonna hold both of my palms out. What I want you to do is hit my right hand with your left, and my left with your right. Every once in a whie, I'll swing my arm very lightly and you'll have to duck under it. Got it?" she explained. She put both of her palms up to Tempest. "Whenever you're ready."
ComicElla.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kendall on 3/4/2015, 4:23 pm

[ooc: Ergh, sorry for the late post. I'd forgotten about this.]

Well, that couldn't hurt much, could it? She was too little to do much, unless she smacked her head into their nose or something. Kyra knelt in front of her with both hands up, like she wanted a double high-five -- but that was silly. Only nerds asked for double high-fives. (Like Stella said.)

"Like this?" So Tempest balled up her hands tight and took a wild swing that looked more like a flail at her older sister's hand, trying not to hurt her. But she was little so it wouldn't do much. She had accidentally hit Aidan once bit she had only whined for two minutes, which Stella said was a record. Silly.
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum