Angel's Blessings

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Angel's Blessings

Post by Metilinos on 5/27/2015, 11:00 pm

Dimitri liked breezy mornings during the summer, even though he knew how to deal with the heat. Long Island certainly had more chills then the south ever did, let alone all of that snow stuff that hit during the winter. The thought made him shiver in his boots. How did these people simply coexist with such cold weather?

Thankfully it was summer, and it was a perfect temperature to Dimitri, though many others would call it too hot still. Years of farm work in the scorching heat gave Dimitri a good sense of resistance against the sun. People still asked him if he was absolutely sure his claiming from Cymopoleia wasn't just a prank from the gods, because his traits fit much better with the Demeter cabin. His love for water and ability to morph it was proof otherwise.

That was why Dimitri found himself at the beautiful lake in Camp Half-Blood. It was safe, it was pure, and it was beautiful. Though the though of a nymph submerging still gave him the chills. His mother still hadn't ever spoken to him, but sitting down next to the lake and closing his eyes made him feel somehow closer to her. If only he could sit down next to storm clouds, he figured.

Of course, there was no need to sit too close to the elements of the big man upstairs. That would be a mistake.

The lake was pretty deserted that morning, it surprised Dimitri, and he almost second guessed if he was missing something. Being in such a populated place meant Dimitri had to adjust to being alone around people sometimes, if he felt he needed alone time with the water. He remained seated on his knees in front of the water, and simply took a deep breath.
Metilinos

Male
Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2014-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Angel's Blessings

Post by Cliché on 5/28/2015, 12:17 am

Angel walked along the edge of the lake her converse in one of her hands. Her jeans rolled up to her knees as she ran her toes through the water. Her flannel unbuttoned, revealing her Kurt Cobain shirt. Angel's hair in a french braid on her shoulder and sunglasses on her face. Her violin strapped to her side. A small smile played across her face as she reached up to move the bags out of her face.

Angel looked across the lake, the water glistening slightly. She knelt down and ran her fingers through the water. Her mind filled with a lot of things like how big the camp was and how she didn't know that many people. Angel also thought about her little sister and where she might be at the moment. The silence was nice for her to think but also was slightly unsettling because she was so used to a lot of noise. Angel ran her hand through her bangs and took out her braid letting the now slightly wavy hair cascade down her back.

She smiled and turned her head her eyes landing on a boy not that far away. She debated her options of walking away or talking to him. She decided the latter. Angel turned toward the boy and started walking towards him watching where she stepped seeing as she didn't have her shoes on still. She stepped onto a slightly larger, looser rock and grinned. She crouched on the rock before reaching with her right leg to another semi large one and traveled closer to the boy she sat down on a rock that was closer to the boy but not in his personal space. "Hello!" Angel said happily as she smiled.
Cliché

Female
Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2013-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 5/28/2015, 12:52 am

Dimitri heard someone lightly navigating, and it unsettled him as he opened his eyes. He wasn't often afraid of monsters, like he thought he would be. But peace was so rare, it just felt a little nerve wrecking to him. He hadn't noticed it though, his attention was fixed on the water. As his head titled on reflex, his nerves eased once more. In a sense, it was nice to not be alone. Nothing harmful was possibly going to happen, but just in case some foreign craziness happened, he had someone around to go through it with him. That was worlds better than going though it alone, he figured. His lips slightly curved at that thought.

Dimitri came from his knees to a squatting position, some dirt now caked the ankles on his jeans, which he was no stranger to. His red and black checkered plaid shirt had just a couple buttons undone at the top so the breeze could get in and his sleeves were rolled up. His boots supported him as he stood up and looked at the girl; he smiled at the flannel shirt over her. He hadn't ever heard of Kurt Cobain, as he was an outcast when it came to musicians. (It took him forever to figure out that Nirvana was a band.)

Now standing, Dimitri had a better look at her hair. His head tilted at it, it was a beautifully bright color. He wondered if it was dyed or not. (Also something he'd had no clue was even possible until Camp Half-Blood.) "Hi." Dimitri replied, observing the violin on her. His thick southern accent displayed itself as he spoke. "I like your hair. It's bright, shinin' even. Back home, no one has anythin' like it." Dimitri said. He'd always been unnaturally comfortable around people of all sorts. "Dimitri." He said, sharing his name, as he reached his hand out to shake. "What broughtcha out to the lake?" He asked, kindness still insistent in his tone.
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliché on 5/29/2015, 1:46 am

Angel smiled and stretched out her hand and shook his. “Why thanks! I’m Angel Rei. Daughter of Epione.” Angel rolled her flannel sleeves up and pushed a strand of hair out of her face, it was pretty warm out today but the breeze was cool and made it nice. She sighed and looked at her shoes before reaching down and slipping her no-show socks back on and then slipping her converse over her feet. She hopped down from the rock and smiled up at the boy.

“I come down here when ever I wanna think, the beach is always too crowded and everywhere else is so loud. Besides the mess hall if you go in there at certain hours but out here at certain times of day, on the right day it’s nice.” Angel smiled, “What brings YOU down here when it’s so empty? I would expect someone like you to be hanging out with the other campers.”

Angel turned to look at a bird that was sitting on a tree branch that kept making a lot of noise. The continuous chirping started to annoy her. She glared at it and sighed fixing her flannel that had started to make it’s way back down her arm. Angel bent down and rolled back down her pants legs before smiling slightly and turning back to Dimitri.
"And it's not safe to be out here alone seeing as it's kinda by the forest. Which has a monsters in it that somehow get in there."

Last edited by Cliché on 7/1/2015, 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Cliché

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 5/29/2015, 2:31 am

Dimitri always thought it was odd that people shared who their godly parent was, though perhaps it was because he viewed his mother as more of a formality than a guardian. He certainly had no quarrels with Cymopoleia, she was technically his mother. But he didn't know her in any true way, shape, or form. "Son of Cymopoleia." Dimitri finally replied, his voice slightly filled with troublesome sounds. She was kind enough to share with him, so he figured he owed it to her to share that kindness back. He offered a smile to assure her. His mother only bothered him so much.

"It feels nice. The water, I mean. It almost feels just like home, in a way. Y'know, we used to have a lake right by our home, it looked just like this one. Just, no nymphs under the water." Dimitri spoke, laughing afterwards. "Just bein' 'round calm waters reminds me of home. It's a sensation I've felt as long as I can remember." Dimitri spoke, his tone nearly reaching bittersweet. Home was everything he knew before Camp Half-Blood, and he missed it like nothing he ever missed before.

"What makes you say 'someone like me' would be hangin' around the others?" Dimitri asked, curiously. Sure, he'd talk to just about anyone due to his affinity for people. But he felt a healthy sense of curiosity as to the impression he'd left on her. He eyed the forest in the distance, it was true, he'd heard that monsters lingered in. "They usually tend to themselves in the deeper forest from what I understand." Dimitri said. "Don't worry, if anythin' somehow did come out, we'd handle it together." Dimitri assured her, a smile on his face.
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliché on 5/30/2015, 2:32 am

Angel smiled and nodded back at Dimitri with sudden assurance. “Yeah we could probably take them down without any second thoughts!” She said giddy. “And just because they tend to doesn’t mean they always do.” Angel looked away. “I say someone like you… and now that I think about it, it sounds super stereotypical but you just LOOK like you would be one to hang out with others rather be alone.” She suddenly became very enhanced by a pebble a couple feet away.

“You seem to be a really, naturistic person. I’m not as much seeing as how I lived in British Columbia, Canada before moving to the US and living in New York almost that whole period of time. So I didn’t really have much of a nature side of me I guess.” Angel flushed slightly and shrugged. “But whatever I have more fun here because of it, with all the fighting and the trees and how it’s a camp.”

She tilted her head in acknowledgement, “who is Cymopoleia the goddess of?” Angel asked genuinely curious as to whom she was seeing as Angel had never heard of her before. Although her mother wasn’t very common either and it was suspected to ask who Epione was. “I’m sorry if that sounded rude, I’m just kinda curious cause I’ve never heard of her before and she sounds super cool.” Angel smiled and looked back up at Dimitri.

Last edited by TeddyBears :3 on 5/31/2015, 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Cliché

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 5/31/2015, 12:45 am

Dimitri observed how confident she was in their abilities to take down stray monsters. It was good that at least one of them truly was, because monsters and Dimitri did not mix. Dimitri wasn't worried though, a stray would just be a stray. Even if it managed to overpower the two of them, a whole encampment of skilled fighters were just a shout away. Not to mention that they would definitely hear it coming before it possibly got close to them. Add all of that up, and their odds were outstanding. Then add to it the fact that Dimitri had control over water and they were next to a lake. Dimitri had no concerns.

"Thank you." Dimitri said, those his tone was slightly curious towards Angel's meaning. "People are people." Dimitri said, proudly and happily as though he'd discovered the greatest outlook ever. "Everyone deserves to be talked to and asked questions to bright'n up their day. Everyone deserves to get help from those around them, and feel obligated by their own nature to help people." Dimitri said happily, his small town mentality now gleaming into his words as though he was the proud father of them.

"Dunno if Cymopoleia is 'super cool' though." Dimitri added, slightly teasing her terminology, with a shrug. "I'd like to think she's looking after me, but, I dunno." Dimitri said, quickly changing the subject off of emotional parents. "She's a minor water goddess. Some people say she's a goddess of storms too." Dimitri noted. "Daughter of Poseidon." He added in quickly, as though he was an expert in the subject. He was not. "I've only ever really stayed in two states, let alone another country. Do you remember what Canada was like?" Dimitri asked curiously.
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliché on 5/31/2015, 1:56 pm

Angel blushed slightly in embarrassment, "That is very true I'm sorry for judging you off looks, that was brash of me and quite rude." She furrowed her brow becoming slightly flustered. Angel ran her hands over her face and groaned before smiling and messing with the sleeves of her flannel she pulled them back down to her wrist. She started to tap her fingers against the back of her hand lightly while she thought. She'd noticed he had changed the subject which was purely understandable with how most demigods had never met their parents and some knew close to nothing about them. Angel smiled.

"Sorry I don't really cause I moved when I was 9 and even then I have some memories but they are really weak. Most was with my father before he became busy." She smiled, "Others of me with my violin lessons. Or sitting cross legged on the stairs off my front porch, trying to draw the house across from ours and all the little bushes and stuff." Angel ran her hand through her hair. "I mean I have a lot of memories but they aren't all that great and they are kinda hazy y'know? I wish I could remember more but you don't get ever thing you wish for obviously." She smiled and laughed. "I'm sorry I'm talking a lot..." Angel ran her hand through her hair again and smiled sheepishly.

She looked back to the ground and decided to shrug off most of what she said, having that she talked to much and kind of ranted to him. Angel sighed and looked at the ground and readjusted her flannel sleeve that had somehow twisted around her wrist.
"What are your memories?"
Cliché

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 6/1/2015, 6:30 pm

Dimitri's eyes were at a constant shift from the lake to Angel, as both were worthy of his view. Not to mention, Dimitri wouldn't ever dream of being rude. "Don't be sorry for makin' an image off o' me just by my looks. There wasn't much else to judge me from before we started talkin', right?" Dimitri asked reassuringly. It was one thing to feel negative about a person based on appearance or a misinterpreted first impression. But the girl hadn't said anything with malice in it, so Dimitri wasn't concerned in the slightest. It was just a nice conversation by the lake.

The breeze from being so close to water was nice, though the heat itself wasn't intense today. Dimitri knew about the force-field that surrounded him. It was a bizarre thought to think they would be untouched from tidal waves, tsunamis, and even twisters. Right now, there was just nothing that could ruin the peace, despite how quickly they could be in such a loud city like New York. Not that Dimitri had ever bothered to spend much time there at all, it wasn't his place to fit in. He suddenly realized he hasn't spoken a word in his line of thoughts. "Don't be sorry for not bein' able to remember, it ain't your fault." Dimitri said, his expression full of wonder imagining the great north. Maybe a little too cold.

"And don't go bein' sorry for talkin' a lot. I enjoy listenin' to people. Learnin' thangs. I could listen to someone talk to me for hours." Dimitri said, a sincere look on his face. He turned his body to be facing her and not the water at all anymore. "I remember everythin' from home. I spent my life on a farm, and I never once yearned to see more. It was perfect. My family and I worked hard and lived well. Until one day I had to come here. We had horses, crops, and we all prospered together or not at all." Dimitri said, smiling dreamily at the memories.
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: