Hanging Out Among The Plates And Cups

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hanging Out Among The Plates And Cups

Post by redline2400 on 8/25/2015, 8:34 pm

It didn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that there were better places to hang out at CHB. The beach, the lake, the forest, the courtyard; all would be considered sensible places to relax. But there is one problem with those locations: everyone else hangs out there too, thus relaxation becomes nearly impossible there. So where would someone go to relax if all the common spots don't fit the bill?

This was the question that Ryan Michaels, son of Ares, encountered. He was planing to get some alone time, and CHB didn't have much in the category of "secluded spots". So, after thinking things over, Ryan grabbed his mp3 player and his earbuds, got up off his bunk, and left cabin #5 for a spot that was frequented so often that it would be (ironically) the perfect place to get alone: the mess hall.

By the time Ryan arrived, the hall was empty, save for a few kids who hastily left once they realized the new Ares kid was on site. Not that Ryan was "that" kind of person, but they probably didn't know that. Now almost sure he was alone, Ryan found an empty bench and sat down, put the earbuds in, and played his music.

Last edited by redline2400 on 9/4/2015, 8:44 am; edited 2 times in total
redline2400
Dedicated Member

Male
Number of posts : 1173
Registration date : 2015-08-05

View user profile http://westernracingcom.proboards.com/#

Back to top Go down

Re: Hanging Out Among The Plates And Cups

Post by Mariaaaaaaaaa on 8/26/2015, 12:08 am

OOC: Can I join this topic?
Mariaaaaaaaaa

Female
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2015-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redline2400 on 8/26/2015, 6:42 am

OOC: Hop on in Mariaaaaaa.
redline2400
Dedicated Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariaaaaaaaaa on 8/26/2015, 6:04 pm

Maria was hungry.  As she walked into the mess hall, her stomach kept growling at her. There weren't a lot of people there yet, since lunch had ended about an hour ago, so she sat down at a random empty table. The boy sitting at the table next to her seemed extremely familiar, and Maria cursed her trouble with names and faces. He had ear buds on, and looked like he wanted to spend some time by himself, so Maria avoided eye contact and figured that even if she did know him, he didn't want to be interrupted at the moment. She filled a magic plate with pizza and a magic cup with coke. She knew this was completely unhealthy but decided she should be able to pig out every once in a while.

Right before she dug in, Maria remembered that she was supposed to make an offering to her mom, Athena, before she ate any meal, but the fire had been put out already. Maria, seeing that there was still wood in the fire and matches and lighter fluid nearby, decided to just make a small fire in case something horrible would happen to her if she didn't make an offering. Who knew? Resolving not to use any lighter fluid so as not to accidentally blow up the whole place, Maria lit a match and tossed it into the fire pit. Satisfied with the small fire that barely burned, Maria cut a slice of her pizza and got ready to through it into the flames.

But as she moved her arm to toss the pizza in, she brushed up against the bottle of lighter fluid, and it fell on its side, spilling fluid into the tiny sparks that could barely be considered a fire. In less than a second, the flames shot upward and grew 20x bigger with a loud BOOM. Although she wasn't hurt, just a lot surprised and a little scared, Maria turned around and saw pretty much everyone in the mess hall staring straight at her.
Mariaaaaaaaaa

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redline2400 on 8/26/2015, 10:25 pm

It took an explosion for Ryan to turn his attention away from his music (OOC: Which I'll link to, 'cus why not?), which is impressive after the fact that the music was being played loud enough for him to not even notice Maria come in, sit down, and get up. And his hearing is actually quite good (when not obscured by an insane amount of decibels being piped right into his ears, of course).

But once the lighter fluid hit the embers, there was little the tiny earbuds could do to block out the sound of the aftermath. After Ryan removed the earbuds, he noticed that A) there was an awkward silence and that B) all of the remaining eyes in the room were looking at the culprit, who Ryan figured out was that Athena girl from the lake. As much as any Ares kid would like to see anyone associated with that cabin in as many uncomfortable situations as possible, Ryan wasn't "that" kind of Ares kid. So, being atypical of his brethren, Ryan decided to take the attention away from her. And he did that by shouting "That. Was. AWESOME!"

(Ryan's music link: https://youtu.be/fDG8KbRzgaY Don't worry, there's no swearing or anything profane.)
redline2400
Dedicated Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariaaaaaaaaa on 8/27/2015, 2:11 am

As Maria felt everyone looking at her, being the akward "nerd" she was, she gave a little wave and no one reacted. Well, almost no one reacted. The kid with the earphones... OH MY GODS SHE KNEW HIM BUT FORGOT HIS NAME!!!... shouted "That. Was. AWESOME!" A little confused, Maria figured that because he liked explosions so much, he must be an Ares... Oh! That's who he was! The nice Ares kid from the lake who reminded her of... she had to stop. Her life outside of Camp was over. Time to forget her old friend.

After Ryan's sudden outburst, Maria was extremely confused. Confused that is, until she felt some of the staring eyes leave her and travel over to him, and her feelings changed to extremely grateful. Realizing that she should probably return the favor and say something, replied, "er... thanks? I'm sorry. It was an accident I promise. I don't think anything got damaged so I'm just going to sit back down now..." Wanting to actually thank him, this time Maria sat down across from Ryan at his table.

"I don't know if you just really like explosions, or if you were being nice, but either way, thanks for taking some of the attention away from me. That was really akward."  Pausing for a second, Maria hoped this guy was Ryan, and not some random victim of her trouble with names. "And hey, are you Ryan? Ryan Michaels? Didn't we meet at the lake?"

OOC: Cool song. Right now musically I'm really into Michael Jackson https://youtube.com/watch?v=Zi_XLOBDo_Y I don't think there is any swear words or anything like that.
Mariaaaaaaaaa

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redline2400 on 8/27/2015, 9:25 am

"You remember my name. How touching." Replied Ryan, continuing the same attitude from his first encounter with Maria. "And you're welcome. As much as the rest of my family would have loved to keep all the attention on you, I felt it was time for my good deed for the day. You know, so I can terrorize the new arrivals guilt-free... I'm joking about that last part."

The 17 year old sat up, an improvement from leaning against a table, and had decided that it was time to embark on a campaign of small talk. "So, what brings you to the mess hall an hour after lunch ended?"

Last edited by redline2400 on 8/27/2015, 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Felt some dialogue could've sounded better, so I modified it a little. No big changes though.)
redline2400
Dedicated Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariaaaaaaaaa on 8/29/2015, 1:03 am

As Ryan settled into his natural cocky tone, Maria heard him ask why she was here so late at lunch. She didn't want to say the real reason: she had fallen asleep reading a book and missed the scheduled lunch time, but she couldn't think of any other good reason and knew she was a horrible liar, so she simply said, "I fell asleep for a while. Missed lunch. How about you? Hopefully everyone here at the mess hall didn't fall asleep. We all must have our reasons." As Maria said this she began to finally eat her pizza. Although her little "accident" with the fire pit embarrassed the s**t out of her, at least she had made an offering. Now she ate without worry of becoming some sort of punished animal. She had heard stories of people being instantly transformed into peacocks when they insulted Hera, Maria didn't want to turn into an olive or a book or gods know what else. Remembering the rival between the Ares and Athens cabin, she had grown curious about the Ares cabin. "Hey. What's it like in the Ares cabin? Do you have weapons everywhere and are always breaking into fights over something like someone stepping on another person's toe or something?"
Mariaaaaaaaaa

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redline2400 on 8/29/2015, 11:31 am

Ryan responded right as Maria started eating her pizza. "Me? I was just here to get away from it all. Be alone, relax, take some time off, so on. And while you probably think I'm crazy or stupid for trying to do so here, I like to look at it more as me being ironic or something. All the good spots are already taken by everyone else with the same goal as me anyway, and it's not like there's that many options here." Letting Maria speak, he heard that she wanted to know about life in the Ares cabin. Now, Ryan took himself as nice and was willing to let people in the know on some things, but this was an Athena girl he was talking to. Those two cabins weren't exactly on the best of terms. And for he knew, Maria might just be trying to get some sort of intel on what's going on behind the closed doors of that red box. Ryan was new to camp, and he wasn't about to become the fall-guy for his cabin being on the receiving end of some prank. With that in mind, he let out a safe reply: "Sorry, but what happens in the Ares cabin, stays in the Ares cabin. Not much I can tell you on that."
redline2400
Dedicated Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top