Stay With Me

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stay With Me

Post by Belle on 10/18/2015, 2:39 pm

It had been a bit of a journey to go across the country but, Nika had gone in good company. A few other Romans had joined her to make sure she was safe and nothing bad happened, or even in case she fell down. Plus some Romans, have some loose ends to tie up over on this side of the country so it made sense for Dominika to want to go.

She arrived to the Greek camp, and it sure was different than Camp Jupiter. It seemed a lot more laid back and calming compared to what Camp Jupiter was, and laughter would ring out during the day, it was a lot different from Camp Jupiter. Everyone was friendly and you could see even the demigods were relaxed for the most part. This looked like vacation in a way.

Nika wanted to find Dimitri however, but it seemed nearly impossible at such a large camp. She felt lose, but when she found a body of water, which appeared to be a lake, she decided she would sit down for awhile before she attempted to find Dimitri again. She walked onto the dock and at the edge of it she sat down. She had a prosthetic leg by now, she was some what used to it but not completely. She put her foot in the water, well technically both were, but she could only feel the water around her left foot.

The demigod closed her eyes and she just let the light breeze pick up and blow in her face. Today was one of the first days she actually had her hair down, and feeling the wind blow through it felt nice, and it felt free. The lake surely was nice here at camp half-blood, and very peaceful.
Belle

Female
Number of posts : 1428
Registration date : 2013-05-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stay With Me

Post by Metilinos on 10/18/2015, 8:42 pm

"Your arm still doesn't look so good." Dakota said to Dimitri, taking a closer look at each of the many marks and scars from teeth. It was no longer the mess it was when he'd arrived in camp last week, but it was clear that his arm had seen serious trauma.

"Yeah, well, I already told y'all that the only way you're takin' my arm from me is from my corpse." Dimitri asserted. He stood up from the chair in the medical ward, as far as he was concerned the check-up was finished. If there was anything to be worried about then surely Dakota would have mentioned it.

"Amputating was the right call!" The demigod protested, with some confidence. "You didn't get infections, yet... but you should have amputated. The chances of infection were nothing short of massive. Do you understand how lucky you are to be alive with both arms?" Dakota replied, her voice slightly more meek than previous conversations with the boy. It was a product of Dimitri's personality taking a wrong turn.

"No, it wasn't the right call. S'why I made a different one." Dimitri answered, a sharp and dull coldness in his voice. It was enough to make Dakota flinch, and although Dimitri felt some small speck of guilt for it, he couldn't sense it underneath the rest of his emotions. The demigod stood up and began to walk out of the infirmary without so much as a goodbye.

"Where are you going? You need bed rest, and you have people coming to visit, Dimitri. Alex was just on his way to..." Dakota's voice was pretty bland by now, as though she'd gotten used to the other healing-capable demigod blowing off her words.

"He'll understand." Dimitri replied, he didn't even stop to look at Dakota when he cut her off.

--------------------------------------

Dimitri didn't know where to go, he only knew that he wasn't interested in seeing his friends. He wasn't sure why; maybe he was too ashamed of himself to show what had happened. No matter how hard people had pried, he still hadn't told anyone about what had happened on his trip home. Dimitri himself could even see his drastically changed mental state. He'd fully stopped getting up at dawn; getting out of bed, anyway. He had sleeping problems, so he often was awake early with no choice, but he didn't get out of bed until much much later than all of his cabin-mates.

The hardest person to dodge was his sister, Harper. The fact that he could call her his sister bothered him, and gave him a tugging feeling in his stomach. To get close to her would be a bad idea, she was just going to die too.

Dimitri knew he couldn't return to bed without seeing her, however. So he chose to go where he always did when he had nowhere else to go: the water. The lake in particular was nice, as it was never as crowded as the beach. Some days Dimitri would simply lay down at the bottom of the lake, where nobody would bother him unless they were a nymph or another water-related demigod.

Dimitri rubbed his eyes, he was tired but unable to sleep. Every time his eyes close he only saw the brutality happen again and again. He stepped on the pier at the lake, happy to be able to just sink to the bottom of the lake and not have to hear another word until he was ready. That was when he spotted the figure in front of him.

He rubbed his eyes, unsure if there was actually anyone in front of him or if he was just seeing things. Surely enough, the figure was there. He'd met so many people in this spot, it pained him deeply. He didn't want to meet anyone else though, it was just too risky. The thought that pained him the most was how incredibly similar her hair looked to Dominika's.

Dimitri, in a way, was glad she wasn't with the Romans that had found him. He wouldn't be able to face the girl, not after everything. He felt inadequate to face her, she was on a higher level than him.

"'Scuse me. Son of a water deity, so, don't go lookin' for help if you think I'm drownin'." Dimitri said, after one time people had sent another demigod in the lake after someone. The last thing he wanted was a person interrupting his rest though.
Metilinos

Male
Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2014-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle on 10/19/2015, 1:48 am

Being calm, Nika just wanted to slip in the water, but swimming would be an entirely new challenge. Could you even swim with a prosthetic? The thought of that brought the reality of everything crashing back down and it made her very sad. Feeling the emotion kinda ripple in her body, she felt very constricted in life now, and she just wanted to live how she normally did.

Hugging her body her lower lip trembled. There was no one around to see her cry, besides no one knew her, and Greeks wouldn't see it as a weakness to cry. The pools started to form in her eyes, it was weird how one bad thing could constantly come up as a reminder to you. She just wanted to move past it, but moving passed an amputation was difficult, the loss of her leg would always be there. Would anyone ever see value in her? Would they doubt her? Would she just be a rejected toy a kid didn't want anymore?

Before she knew it, the small tear had rolled down her cheek and dropped off her chin. She closed her eyes shut tight and the tears fell in her lap. She never really did get the time to cry about her situation. Was anything going to get good for her? She had Dimitri but she had yet to find him and she heard some things had happened a bit with him, not a lot of details, but Heath had mentioned a few things, and she wanted to make sure if was okay.

Just as she moved her hand up to wipe her tears, she heard footsteps and a voice. A very familiar one that warmed her heart, and almost made her start to cry again. He was here and he seemed in good condition. The daughter of Jupiter looked over to him. "Dimitri." She said quietly and a bit softly. Not knowing what else to say she just looked at him. He was her long distance friend. The amount of relief within the demigod had sky rocketed.
Belle

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 10/19/2015, 4:38 pm

Dimitri didn't have any intention of waiting for a reply or acknowledgement, he'd said what he needed to and was confident the lake would be his for a while. The bottom of it, at least. Then the girl turned to him, and the boy who had been pacing froze dead in his tracks. His head tilted, and a concerned and confused look began to distort his face. Then she spoke his name, and he was absolutely certain that it was her. Dominika, the daughter of Jupiter that he shared a so-mysterious bond with. The demigod buried his face in his hands, using his palms to rapidly rub his eyeballs. Part of him was worried that he was finally gone from being a person and seeing things. But when he looked up, Dominika was still right there, as real as the sun.

Another instant passed, with Dimitri's thoughts running free. He couldn't stand to tell her what had happened, he just wouldn't be able to handle it. Part of him felt he couldn't face her, and he thought about running. Whether it be into water or land, he knew he could escape into solitude. He would have, had it not been her. His expression was terrified, but he still ran forward at full speed as though this was the most urgent moment in his life. He slipped and skidded next to her, in sitting position, which was an oddly clumsy move for the demigod. Still, he had no hesitation when he threw his arms around her and hugged her tightly.

He knew she didn't like physical contact without permission, but he felt that they had gotten passed that after all they had been through. And he wanted to stay with her, but couldn't stand to face her.

He put his head over her shoulder, so that he could be with her but not have to look at her. It was the strangest mixture of fear and relief to see the daughter of Jupiter again. Yet, he didn't say a word. He wondered about how her leg was and how camp had been for her. But Dimitri was too petrified to speak a word, all he could do was stay in position.
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle on 10/19/2015, 10:57 pm

Nika felt his arms wrap around her, and his embrace had comforted her. The embrace calmed down her feelings of sadness of her leg and she was just happy he was at camp after all. She heard a few things that had happened, she heard the evil demigod had died at the hands of Dimitri, quite literally. Also some other things seemed to have gone down but she wasn't sure what.

Knowing full well he probably wasn't up for talking about it, and she couldn't say she blamed him. Resting her arms on his, she just looked out at the water as he rested his head over her shoulder. "You don't have to say a single thing to me, Dimitri. You will never have to explain yourself or say anything to me ever. We can talk about, I don't know pie or something." She said softly with a small chuckle as a smile went on her face.
Belle

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 10/20/2015, 1:07 am

Dimitri had very little to reply with. He didn't want to even talk about pie, it would just end up going towards the times his mother used to bake pies with fresh fruit. The thoughts would have made him shake, had he not been so incredibly still. He was so truly grateful for her attempts, but he also gathered from her words that she was aware something had happened. It pained him to know that she knew, he'd have much rather had time with her not knowing.

"Heath told you." Dimitri said, finally, as though he was speaking after a vow of silence. Dimitri couldn't help but bare negative feelings against the demigod, just by association with the horrible day.

Dimitri let his feet touch the water, though they were surrounded by boots. His eyes looked to it over Dominika's shoulders. It was almost like being in a horrid storm and seeing shelter, but not being allowed to reach it. He sought to be at the bottom of the lake, but also to be where he was. He almost felt safe here, in a way.
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle on 10/20/2015, 1:51 am

Watching the water a bit, she stayed silent. She didn't want him to feel uncomfortable, and she didn't want him to go into deep thoughts, she just wanted him to know that he was okay to be around her, and she wasn't sure if he was getting that or not. Reading people wasn't on the top of her skills list. When she heard the words that came out of his mouth, her expression saddened a bit and she really didn't want to say anything in response. In reality Heath should have left that for Dimitri to say, but Nika didn't even have a choice in it.

The demigod sighed softly as she swished her foot around in the water a bit. "He did." She said quietly, "Not much, and I wont make you say anything more. We can sit here in silence, or we talk about anything you want. Just know if you need to say something about anything I am here for you, and I always will be." Nika said quietly as she watched his boot was surrounded by water.
Belle

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 10/20/2015, 2:07 am

Dimitri had to focus on his breathing just to get by, the irony of his identity was strong. He was a strong warrior, but also had weak tendencies when he was vulnerable. He was his strongest when he needed to be, when something needed to be done, Dimitri would always see it through. But right now, while there was no work to do, Dimitri could hardly even stand to be alive, let alone be out of bed and around other people. Especially people who meant something to him.

Dimitri dipped his feet deeper into the water, now willing the water so that he feet and boots remained dry. "I don't want to be here." Dimitri said, his sentence vague. "I don't want to be 'round other people right now." He continued, a sigh full of crumbling depression escaping afterwards. "Come with me, to the bottom of the lake. I can help you breathe."
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle on 10/20/2015, 2:41 am

Upon hearing him saying he didn't want to be here, it got Nika sad a bit. She wasn't sure exactly what he meant. Did he mean here specifically or was it to mean he didn't want to be here on earth? Either way a somber look had crossed her face as she thought more about it. She could understand either one of them really. Back when the incident happened with her father she didn't want to be in that house, and she didn't want to live on earth either. Those were truly the darkest days of her life and she just understood him silently.

Hearing the words "Come with me, to the bottom of the lake. I can help you breathe." A look of confusion crossed her face and she wasn't sure how to respond to it. Every time she tried to open her mouth to speak, no words would form until the words stumbled out before she could think. "Are you serious?" She asked him puzzled and was thinking about it, she didn't doubt his power but, water wasn't really her domain. She sighed softly. "That isn't me refusing by the way, I just you surprised me. But sure."
Belle

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 10/20/2015, 3:03 am

Dimitri didn't have a lot left in him, and Dominika's question almost made his heart skip. In a sense, it almost didn't matter to him whatsoever. He'd be able to sink down to the bottom of the lake, and continue waiting out the storm. He didn't intend on replying, but he felt that he was going to be okay; she'd told him that he didn't need to say anything. Then, she sighed, and agreed. Dimitri didn't react, he would have nodded, had she actually been able to see his head.

"Just hold onto me and breathe as though you were on the surface." Dimitri said, grateful to finally be able to sink under the view of earth once more. Dimitri pushed himself forward, into the water. He pulled Dominika in with him, and they began to sink to the bottom of the lake, as though they had no buoyancy. Dimitri was willing the water around them, something he'd had plenty of practice with. He could have lived underwater if he wanted to.

Lately he'd considered it.
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle on 10/20/2015, 4:41 pm

There wasn't much hesitation after she agreed shed sink to the bottom with him. It was weird to be in the water again but this time she wasn't floating. They were sinking to the bottom and it was a new experience for the daughter of Jupiter given her area of expertise was the sky. Nika had held onto Dimitri like he had told her to. She almost began to freak out about not being able to breathe but she calmed herself down and just tried it the way he had said to.

"Dimitri, this is stunning." she said as she looked around as they neared the bottom of the lake. You could see the variety of fish and if you looked up you could see the surface up above and it was almost as there was a glossy wavering mirror at the top that gave out small light fragments here and there. It was something truly different than what she was used to. The sky was her place where she would see clouds and birds, this was far different and she was grateful to be able to even see it.
Belle

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 10/20/2015, 7:52 pm

The sink to the bottom was like a sense of relief. There was nobody here that he had to run from, except for the off chance that Harper went looking for him, but Dimitri wasn't placing any bets on that. His expression further grimaced, it was a disgusting sensation for Dimitri to go through. Through monsters, animals and human alike, he always stood up and fought. But now when it came to his friends, it was almost like he was facing an enemy much more terrifying than ever before. But here in the water, no one was going to find him. He was absolutely safe here.

Dimitri focused on the bottom of the lake, it was a comforting darkness, not like the actual ocean was, but it was enough. He had Dominika, which was a plus, though he'd never really taken someone far underwater with him. "I know." Dimitri replied. He thought about talking about his first time doing a dive with his powers, but when he went to speak, he just couldn't force himself to talk. He knew that people had been talking about him, and that there was a certain amount of worry going about. He just wanted everyone to forget about the whole thing, so that he didn't need to worry about confrontation on the subject.

It was thin ice. The only person thus far that he'd even stopped to talk to without a task on mind was Dominika.
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle on 10/20/2015, 8:54 pm

She could see why he had liked being down here. It was calming, and you were truly cut off from the outside world up above. You could run into other children of water gods who could just as easily sink down to the bottom, but chances were they would probably try and get away themselves and thus wouldn't bother you.

Diving underwater was so much cooler in contrast to her being able to fly up high, close the atmosphere, but she wouldn't discredit her abilities, they were amazing and the water just wasn't her realm. She still hadn't really looked at him too much since he had sat down beside her on the dock.

"Have you ever dived into the ocean like this?" She asked, just curious about all the different dives he had done. It really was neat, and not many demigods could say they have been under the water like this.
Belle

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 10/20/2015, 10:17 pm

"'Course." Dimitri replied. He'd always forgotten that the ocean was a part of the new world of being a demigod that most demigods didn't actually experience. His pain was still heavy, but he managed to actually speak on the topic. "It's different. It's more dark. More animals, some that're actually... kind. Some that ain't so kind. It's like havin' a second world to go to." Dimitri said, with a heavy sigh at the end. He knew he was only avoided the truth about himself. Who he was.

"I coulda let him live." Dimitri suddenly said, out of nowhere. "I coulda. It wasn't like he was formidable. Ain't like he was even strong." Dimitri continued, his tone sounded as though it didn't bother him in the slightest, but that was far from reality. "Even if he'd stopped, I still woulda killed him. Once I saw him, that was it. He was gonna die, no matter what he said. No matter who stepped in. There was just no way he was gonna live." Dimitri's eyes were still open, but he gave no effort into his sight, it was almost as though it was a sense that went into a mode of reserves.

"I coulda brought him back here. Or let Heath take him back. We coulda kept him locked up. I knew that the whole time, that there was a way without killin' him. But I still did it." Around now, Dimitri was glad he was under water. If Dominika decided to resurface, he could be alone and release his emotions in any way without the sight, judgement, or worry of others. He could feel his heart beats becoming heavy, as though his heart was quite literally going to break. He couldn't bare to look at Dominika.
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle on 10/22/2015, 12:34 am

When things were nice and she got him to talk a bit more she was happy. Hearing about the ocean was kinda neat and she wondered what it'd be like, but for now, the lake was a stepping stone and she'd be more than okay to just see the lake underneath. She still found it odd she could just breathe how she normally did, as water was very dense, much more than air, but it worked either way.

Soon Dimitri began to explain the killing of the corrupt demigod, that Heath had referred to her as Truman. She stayed silent until she was positive he was finished speaking and she stayed silent for a bit, while she decided to move her hand a bit so she interlock her fingers with his, to try and comfort him. Despite not liking contact and not having physical contact for years, she still just used her instincts to try and comfort him.

"Shh" She said soothingly and she used her thumb to caress the side of his hand. "He can no longer do harm to anyone else Dimitri. He caused many pain, and even some to die, like the night on the hill. It will likely haunt you for years to come, I wont lie to you about that, but you can't hold on thinking you should have done something else. It is already said and done and we can't fix what has been done you can only continue to work on your future." Nika said quietly as she looked at the bottom of the lake at the different things and remained silent for quite some time. "No matter what you do, I wont leave you to be alone."
Belle

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 10/22/2015, 2:41 pm

Dimitri sat up so he could look down at the floor, rather than up at the surface. He made sure Dominka was still holding on, as to not lose the connection keeping her breathing. Especially with her prosthetic, it wouldn't be pretty if they separated. "You shouldn't say you won't leave." Dimitri said, his mind at a strange peace as though he was admitting the truth to himself. "I'm sure someone once told him that. Said they wouldn't leave him no matter what. Then he turned into the monster he was, and I'm sure whoever once cared for him ran. I sure hope they did, 'cause if they didn't? They're just gone. And even if they still believed in him? He's dead now. What they loved is just a dead pile of ash." Dimitri had no tears or strain in his voice. It lacked all forms of emotion.

"But you don't get it. I don't regret the choice I made." Dimitri said, now becoming more hesitant. He was about to admit a part of who he was to another human being, and he wasn't sure he had it in him to do that. "Even if I had the chance to do it thousand time? I wouldn't change anythin'. I'd just do it again and again and again. I wouldn't let him live, and it isn't that he died that keeps me awake at night. If anythin' it's what let's me fall asleep." There was nothing else for him to say. He'd spilled some of what was overflowing within him. "That's me. That's who I am."
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle on 10/22/2015, 8:57 pm

Dominika was at the point where she was at a loss for words. What did you say to something like that? She was fairly calm though, whether it be the water setting or what. She wasn't afraid of Dimitri, even when he sounded insane. Dimitri killed a guy, and he didn't regret the choice. The daughter of Jupiter only hoped she knew him well enough to know something provoked him and made him think this way.

Hearing Dimitri compare himself to Truman, the boy she had heard so much about made a scowl come upon her face. She wasn't a fan of him doing that, but she couldn't say anything to stop it. She was not in control of his thoughts and she couldn't help him, and coming to that realization scared her the most and also deeply saddened herself.

"Dimitri, if I make a promise to you, you can't disprove it, worry about it, question it, or apply it to any other situation. You are you, and I am me. I can promise you one thing, if ever you need me, for whatever insane, chaotic mess you have or just something silly or stupid, you can come to me and I will be here for you, I can't promise I will know what to say, and I can't promise I can help, but I can promise if you need me for anything, I will be there for you." Nika took time saying her words and she said them softly and calmly. She was still caressing the outer part of his thumb.
Belle

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 10/22/2015, 10:49 pm

Dimitri wasn't sure what to say. He wasn't sure if he wanted Dominika to leave him be or to stay with him. She continued to insist on her promise, relentless in a way, refusing to leave him be. He was releasing a weary piece of himself, one that was formed from the hot iron-like memories of seeing things that nobody should see. When he left for camp, he was sure he'd see his parents again. It was enough to tear out all of his heart strings.

There were so many things that he wanted to say to them.

"I've never told anyone but my parents." Dimitri said, his own words attacking him like a lion hunting for food. He'd never known if he could cry under the water or not, but it was looking like he was about to find out. "I've never confessed anythin' for anyone. I've just stayed stron'. It's the right thin' t'do. Be there for those who need you, be stron' for others so that they can make it through. Always help anyone who needs it. I used to be weak." The demigod wasn't really sure of what he was saying, much less why. His cognitive thoughts were shut off, and he just spoke. "I love you, Dominika." The demigod said, offering no context with it. Only a blank statement, without so much as the ability to make eye contact.
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle on 10/22/2015, 11:22 pm

As the silence went on for a little bit, she was wondering what was going on in his mind and if he was going to try and break apart her promise again, and in which case she would have nothing to respond to. She would have nothing more to say to him. It was truly times like these, that she was uncertain on specific aspects of Dimitri, but she wasn't a mind reader, so she had to give herself credit for that.

The daughter of Jupiter was about to say something else, but that was when he spoke. It was a bit unusual from what she had heard him saying before. The demigod was still trying to comprehend what he was saying when he was talking about being strong and weak. Nika was replaying the words to try and process them as best as she could but there really wasn't much time to process them before she heard the words 'I love you' and 'Dominika' in the same sentence.

She was like a deer frozen in headlights on the road. Just motionless and really just shocked. It took a minute or two to really process it. In that time she still held onto him but made her way so she could face the son of Clymopoleia. In what way did he mean it? Did it really matter though? It covered any basis, and it could be anything. She sighed softly, not from having a negative response to his words, but just from uncertainty of what to do. She didn't have this kind of closeness with anyone, last time it was her grandmother and she died about three to four years ago.

Instead of questioning the guy in front of her, on what his context was, she was just going to respond with the only way she felt was right and genuine to her feelings to respond with. "And I love you, Dimitri."

(was tempted to put John Cena, not going to lie.)
Belle

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 10/22/2015, 11:45 pm

He wasn't worried that Dominika would be disapproving of him, but he didn't think she'd return his sentiments. She returned his words to him, and in that moment he felt some security. He felt as though he lived on a tiny island of security, surrounded by an ocean of terror, duties, and turmoil. It was almost like his current situation: surrounded by an ocean, but his safety was next to him, right now. He was still safe, in the moment.

Dimitri rested his forehead against the daughter of Jupiter's, a gesture he hadn't done since she'd lost her leg. "I should've asked more about you. I am dyin' to know how your leg is doin'. How everythin' is goin'. I do think 'bout how you're doin', a lot. It's just, after what happened..." The demigod was ready to open up to at least Dominika. She wouldn't ever make him regret sharing anything.

"I'm gonna tell you what's goin' on. But you can't tell anyone, you just can't." Dimitri took in a deep breath, he could already feel himself beginning to shake when he started thinking about talking about it. "I uh. I went back to see my parents. That was why I went where I did." There were tears rolling down his face now, simply forming with the lake around him. "And he took them from me. He took my entire life from me, and just fed them to his... his f***ing monsters." He couldn't handle the strain of the emotions, he felt physical sharp pain in his chest as he mentally collapsed.
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle on 10/23/2015, 12:08 am

Soon, Dimitri had rested his forehead against hers. It had been awhile since they had last shared a moment like this. The last time was when she lost a limb. That was a horrid night and day that wouldn't shake from her memory. It did hold the small moments she shared with him though. She wasn't sure if she would give up the bad times if it meant getting rid of everything else too. It seemed extreme but every little even built up to something else and you change one you change all.

When he asked about how she had been doing she had a small smile on her face that she couldn't help but have. It was interesting how just one simple thing someone said to you, could make you feel such happiness. Although when he got to the 'after what happened' part it trickled away slowly and she could see he was going to open up a bit more. Nika was still well and her stories could surely wait. Dimitri was far more troubled than she was.

Listening to him speak, she felt a few of her own heartstrings be tugged. She knew how close he was to his family and she knew how much they meant to him. To hear about the rest of the story and to see the looks of such pain on him, emotionally hurt Dominika. Especially when she noticed the tears. She lifted on hand up to wipe away the tears that were falling from his face.

"I am so sorry for your loss Dimitri, I truly am." She whispered to him. She didn't have to make her case on it, she knew he'd believe her. Her wrapped around to his back to rub his back, in attempt to calm his shaking body. "I promise I wont tell anyone. I am so sorry you had to witness someone so important to you dying in such a way. I bet they were amazing people, they did raise such a kind, caring, dedicated, young man, and I bet they would be proud of you even if you didn't get to them in time, I am sure they're very proud to be able to call you their son." She has her own tears welling up in her eyes but she refused to shed them out. He needed her more than ever right now and she intended to be there.
Belle

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 10/23/2015, 9:39 pm

"They were amazin' people." Dimitri said in agreement. His tears began to get violent, a release of crying he hadn't let out for a long time. The last time he'd let them out was when he'd finally understood what the world was. And even then, they were softer tears, a quick and easy release. This was anything but easy; it was the weight of his entire life now crushing him because he could no longer lift it up.

"Mom woulda thought the world've you." Dimitri's words at this point were very broken and incomplete, a result of his sniveling and crying. "She'd say that even with that accent, you still didn't talk as funny as dad and I." He was hardly breathing at all with all the crying that he was doing, he didn't know he had this many tears inside of him. "She'd've stuck with ya, bein' blondes and all. She was funny like that. And the last thing she said to me was that she'd see me soon." Dimitri let go of the clutched last words his mother had said to him before he left for camp. He'd simply put off going home for too long, and now he was paying the ultimate price.

"You must think I'm so weak." Dimitri finally let out. "That day, in that forest. You told me this was just weakness. And back then, I thought there was so much behind me that I could work passed. Turns out that I was just in the eye of a neverendin' storm." Dimitri confessed. "So what do I do now? All I know is death. The only time I even wake up to go do my job is when it involves fightin' now. I run from everythin' but death. I just want it all to be over."
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle on 10/23/2015, 11:35 pm

Listening to how Dimitri was talking about his mother, broke her heart. To be that close to her and to love her that much all she could do was listen and fight not to cry herself. "Shh" She said soothingly and quietly as he began to cry more. For awhile she stayed silent until he spoke up again and what he said was close to breaking her heart.

"Dimitri, if there's anything you've taught me, crying isn't a weakness. I honestly think you're so strong Dimitri. To lead those people that night, to take a risk and stand out of your level of power. You carried me all the way back to camp Jupiter, and even though you've lost so much, you're still here intact now. Just as long no one else sees you cry, you aren't weak." She said adding the last bit in as a joke and she had a small chuckle and she was still rubbing his back soothingly.
Belle

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 10/24/2015, 2:22 pm

Dimitri clung to Dominika, as though she was the last drop of water in a dry desert with the sun beating down. He held on, quite literally, for dear life. His sobs continued, rendering him practically speechless at this point. He had more he wanted to say, plenty more even. Though, each time he tried to say anything, only more sobs came through. The demigod tried to get his bearings, but it simply wasn't working. His calm was gone, and his bottled up emotions were flooding out now. Now matter how hard he tried to put that lid back on, it simply wasn't working. "Everything I love dies." He continued to speak, releasing a fear from his mind into the open water.

"T-tell me what you've been up to." Dimitri managed to choke out, in his desperation to gather himself. "I don-don't even know why you came here. What brings you to Camp Half-Blood?" Dimitri managed to get out, with only a few stutters in his sentences. His arms were still rightly wrapped around the daughter of Jupiter, his anchor of safety.
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle on 10/24/2015, 4:08 pm

She could feel him cling on to her, and her arms wrapped around him in an embrace. She cold tell he had been holding back for awhile. Nika had really wondered if she taught him things, as well as he had taught her. It was almost as if she had picked up his good vibes and he picked up her bad ones. A very unfair deal, and it put a somber look upon her face. Was she the reason things were going horrible for him. That made her heart feel heavy with guilt, but she wasn't going to confide in him about it. Dominika just wanted him to let out all his emotion, so he could feel a bit better and not be nearly as bitter.

"I haven't died yet, Dimitri." She said softly, hoping she wasn't stretching too far, and him saying he loved her, wasn't just fallen out words he didn't mean. "I will do everything in my power not to die on you, okay? I didn't die that night on the hill, because I knew you needed me." The daughter of Jupiter said looking at him and one hand was brought back to wipe away more of his tears as she rested her hand on his chin.

He asked her to tell him how she's been doing, and that he didn't even know why she was here. "We can talk about how I've been doing later Dimitri. I came here to uh..." She paused slightly embarrassed to admit why she had come here and she could feel her cheeks warm up a bit, uncertain what kinda feeling that was. "I came here to see you." She said quietly averting her eye contact.
Belle

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top