some advice??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

some advice??

Post by kayt smells on 10/27/2015, 12:28 pm

So firstly, I'm back!!! I have a little more free time and overall its been pretty good for me. I am glad to come back to this site :)

Anyway, here's some back story.

My boyfriend played football last year, and got super injured. He broke his shoulder, his arm and wrist, he had some long lasting injuries because of unnecessary tackle during a game. He was a really good football player, and the coach wants him to play again this year.

I do not, nor do his parents.

He has expressed that he wants to continue, but I have known him a long time and when he was injured; he wasnt doing so well. He was injured and in casts and even needed surgery yet he still wants to go back. I have expressed that I dont like him playing, especially since he was injured so badly. He has to go to Physical Therapy every week to continue to heal his injuries, and he will further injure himself if he plays football again. He is a Jr. and I understand that he wants to be in football again before he graduates, but its really not safe and I dont want him getting hurt. I have been friends with him for a year and a half, and I have been dating him for about a month or so now. I cared about him before we started dating, and didnt want him playing even as a friend because i worry about his health. How do I get him to realize that him being healthy and pain free for the rest of his life isnt worth risking to play football for highschool?

Thanks,

And im glad to be back.

-Kayt.
kayt smells

Female
Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2013-09-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: some advice??

Post by Shade on 10/27/2015, 1:29 pm

As a male that plays sports still in college and played them in high school, last year xD, I can tell you that no matter what you say you will not be able to convince him not to play if he has already made up his mind. Guys are stubborn, guys that play sports do it 9 out of 10 times because we enjoy it and after an injury especially a big one (I have tore both my ACL and MCL) if there is even the slightest chance we can continue to play we are going to. It's up to him to decide whether or not he plays again. The only chance you have is his physical therapist, if they say he isn't ready than he'll wait. It will convince him to try harder to get better but it might convince him to wait. But if the physical therapist gives him the go ahead or doesn't say no he will play. Sorry if that's not what you wanted but it just the truth from someone who went through what your boyfriend is going through now
Shade
Role Playing Legend

Male
Number of posts : 23692
Registration date : 2010-07-05

View user profile http://thepriceoffreedom.jcink.net/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Milocross on 10/28/2015, 11:31 am

The minute you start telling your boyfriend what to do is the minute he'll start to push you away.
Milocross
3 parts human, 1 part piano

Female
Number of posts : 7767
Registration date : 2010-01-08

View user profile https://vine.co/u/937945522256379904

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwacken on 10/28/2015, 11:38 am

The only thing you can do is express your concern. Don't tell him "You can't.", just tell him "I'm worried this will happen if you do." It's still ultimately his decision.
Kwacken

Female
Number of posts : 2302
Registration date : 2014-12-31

View user profile

( 1 ) Cust. Rank, Monster Attack, Character Slot, Loss of Limb, Exotic Pet
( 2 ) Name Change
( 3 ) Shout Out, Name color(2mo)
( 6 ) GP Visit
( 8 ) GP Gift

Back to top Go down