Let us see

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Let us see

Post by Lindsey Callaghan on 12/31/2015, 3:23 am

Gun fire echoed, the yell of cannons dwarfed the sounds of the lesser fire arms before being drowned out by the roar of the mighty armoured clad beasts of war, tanks. Somewhere in her mind, Yena knew she happened to be dreaming yet with practised ease she fired the hull mounted machinegun. She watched the tracers stitch down range towards their targets. Suddenly she heard one of her comrades cry out in alarm. "TIGER!" One of the most dreaded words for a tank crew. Yena continued to fire at the infantry, though she could see the slaughtered of tanks as its barrel slowly turned to target the little T-34. Yena's tank fired first, the round pining harmlessly off of the armour plate. The Tiger Tank returned fired, the round impacting into the tank...

Yena woke with a start, her chest heaving, covered in a cold sweat. It took her far longer than she liked to recognise her location, her cabin. She let herself fall back onto her bed with a heavy sigh. Somewhere in her mind, Yena knew that sleep was an impossibility. Kicking off the sheets she dressed in baggy jeans, a camp half blood t-shirt, black socks and dull black leather boots.
A veteran of the Great Patriotic War against the Germans, Yena exited her cabin, heading towards the lake. She found it to be quite calming, to look across the water, staring into the distance at something which only she could see. She calmed herself by taking in deep breaths of cool lake air.
Yena wondered when she would no longer be haunted by her grim and blood soaked past?
Lindsey Callaghan
Dedicated Member

Female
Number of posts : 1668
Registration date : 2014-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Let us see

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 12/31/2015, 5:28 am

The British daughter of Aphrodite walked through camp with a set destination in mind, the lake. She was taping away on her IPhone6 and smiled when her dad talked about the holidays and wanting to see her again since it had been a while and she had skipped Christmas with the family for the Olympus trip with her mother and siblings. Her smoky blue-grey eyes darted up every so often to make sure she was going in the right direction and thankfully she was. Her converse made some of the underbrush crunch under her feet but it didn't really bother Emily. She liked being outdoors and was planning on getting some more poetry done seeing as she hadn't had a whole lot of free time recently. Arriving at the lake she noticed someone there already and gave a kind smile as well as a wave as she climbed up onto a larger boulder and pulled out her notebook and fancy fountain pen her father got her years ago.

http://www.polyvore.com/senior_year_day/set?id=172774164
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female
Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2014-12-18

View user profile https://mixer.com/Chessieblud

Unused Goodies
-10 Slots
-5 Gp gifts
-2 exotic pets
-Custom Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsey Callaghan on 12/31/2015, 2:32 pm

Yena smiled back at the other girl, offering her a somewhat shy wave. Her arrival and greeting broke Yena from her grim thoughts. She needed to escape the stranglehold her memories possessed. The past was the past, it needed to be left to rest.
Yet, it felt bad to try and ignore them, the reminders of war, the scars of battles fought now history for this world. It was not the world which Yena recalled, but the one she lived in. It was however, still home. She glanced shyly at the other camper, trying to take in her appearance. Anyone who came across as that beautiful more than likely was a child of or a relation to Aphrodite.
Lindsey Callaghan
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 1/1/2016, 12:39 am

Emily noticed the girl looking at her and looked back with a smile.You know you can come over and say hi. She finally said. Looking over her outfit it was clear she had a decent sense of style, those boots were very cute after all, but if she would let her Emily would definitely have to take her shopping. Pulling her blonde hair behind her the daughter of Aphrodite made a quick messy bun that actually looked decent, at least she hoped it did. After all, what was an Aphrodite to do without her looks? Or course Emily liked dancing and fighting and working out but looks were a big thing for them all.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Unused Goodies
-10 Slots
-5 Gp gifts
-2 exotic pets
-Custom Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsey Callaghan on 1/1/2016, 2:23 am

Yena blushed, she was not one for subtle glances it seems. Either that or children of the goddess of love carried an ability to notice such glances easier.
"Erm sure hi I'm Yena." She said hastily as she headed over towards the other Demigod. Though she still stubbornly held onto her Russian accent, it was fading, American Russian if anything. Bet that must have sounded like a weird combination. Yena did not care too much for her appearance, except to keep her scars covered because she just did not enjoy showing such medals of war off to the world.
Lindsey Callaghan
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 1/1/2016, 2:40 am

Pleasure to meet you Yena, I'm Emily. Cool name by the way. The demigod smiled in a friendly manner. As the other camper approached Emily looked her over and mentally made notes. Black hair and matching eyes offset by light skin, very nice combo and worthy of asking if anything wasn't natural. It was interesting to see black eyes on a person though, seeing as it wasn't a normal eye color.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Unused Goodies
-10 Slots
-5 Gp gifts
-2 exotic pets
-Custom Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsey Callaghan on 1/1/2016, 2:49 am

"Nice to meet you as well." Yena replied. "Thank you my father chose it for me." He was long dead now, Yena missed him.
"How are you?" Yena inquired quietly, camp life despite everything always seemed so peaceful. Camp Half-blood always seemed to endure whatever the world through at it. Which was good, life needed a constant, something which would always be there and never change.
Lindsey Callaghan
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 1/1/2016, 2:58 am

Emily smiled, at least this camper was very kind unlike some.I'm good thanks. But I gotta ask, are they natural? The girl said motioning towards her eyes. It was curious, she had never once seen black eyes on a person without them wearing contacts. Emily fixed her belt and pulled off her shoes as she spoke, it was too nice out to wear anything on her feet, especially considering she wasn't walking around anywhere anytime soon. Putting her pen in the book she set it aside and turned to face Yena, making her the center of her attention.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Unused Goodies
-10 Slots
-5 Gp gifts
-2 exotic pets
-Custom Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsey Callaghan on 1/1/2016, 3:03 am

Yena was caught off guard by the question about her eyes. It had never really been asked before. "Yeah well I hope they are real because I've never bothered to find out or not." She shrugged her shoulders. "If they aren't then I want my money back right?" She joked.
Lindsey Callaghan
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 1/1/2016, 3:10 am

Emily laughed a little at the joke and nodded.I would too. She agreed. It was nice sitting at the lake with someone to talk to, a lot nicer that sitting in her cabin and inevitably listening to Narcissus talk about how she needed to go out and get a girlfriend. He was one of the few people who knew she was a lesbian and she was sort of glad it was just him and the people she had hated in the past. If more people knew, especially with the whole gay rights thing going on still, she would almost surely get judged and picked on because ok it. Snapping back from her slight daydream Am looked back at Yena.[b]So what brings you to the lake Yena?[b] She smiled.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Unused Goodies
-10 Slots
-5 Gp gifts
-2 exotic pets
-Custom Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsey Callaghan on 1/1/2016, 1:27 pm

Ah, that is a really good question. Simply, to escape from the horrors of her dreams. It was one thing to fight in a brutal war, another to keep having to relive it.
"Bad dreams." She said quietly, deciding against adding more information than that. It might be interpreted as rude but Yena felt the truth would cause the conversation to fall down a negative path.
Lindsey Callaghan
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 1/2/2016, 3:35 am

Emily frowned and looked at Yena with caring eyes, placing a hand on her shoulder. Do you wanna talk about it? It may help. She asked looking at the demigod. There were only a few reasons for bad dreams, one of the major ones was trauma and it was bothersome to think Yena had nightmares because of such a thing.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Unused Goodies
-10 Slots
-5 Gp gifts
-2 exotic pets
-Custom Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsey Callaghan on 1/2/2016, 12:07 pm

Yena did not move away, the gesture was somewhat comforting. "Maybe... It is just dreams about my time in the Soviet Army during the Great Patriotic War or World War Two as it is more commonly known in the west." She explained, Yena found herself unwilling to talk in detail about the content of such dreams. The images of war recorded through history were enough to give a person insight what a nightmare it happened to be.
Lindsey Callaghan
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 1/2/2016, 12:33 pm

Emily sat up and looked at Yena with sad eyes. I'm sorry. Truly I am. She said with her accent. There were few things in life that were hard but this had to top the list, being in a war could change a person, her grandfather was a prime example of that. Looking down in her lap the daughter of Aphrodite fiddled with her hands and spoke still looking down. My grandfather fought as well as my uncle. It was hard on them, I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like. She said softly, remembering how her grandfather reacted some nights when he had night terrors. Grandmother had to sleep in another room when he returned, he was dangerous in the nightmare. Looking up at Yena Emily asked a question she normally wouldn't ask. Can I help at all? Anything. She said reaching down and holding her hand kindly.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Unused Goodies
-10 Slots
-5 Gp gifts
-2 exotic pets
-Custom Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsey Callaghan on 1/2/2016, 12:39 pm

"I do not know." Yena answered the other girl, was there anything which she could do? She looked down when Emily held her hand, her cheeks flushed with colour. Though Yena may have been homosexual, she kept it secret from the other campers for at the time she once lived in it was not accepted. As a result, Yena became unwilling to come out as was the popular phrase for revealing the truth about one's sexuality.
Lindsey Callaghan
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 1/2/2016, 12:44 pm

Emily smiled at Yena. She was cute, there was no doubt about that at all. So tell me about yourself. Godparent, boyfriends or girlfriends, siblings, foes, anything really. I just wanna get to know you more. Em said. She had almost forgotten she was holding Yena's hand but decided to leave them together until she pulled away besides, the daughter of Aphrodite liked how her cheeks flushed when she held it.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Unused Goodies
-10 Slots
-5 Gp gifts
-2 exotic pets
-Custom Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsey Callaghan on 1/2/2016, 12:48 pm

"My father is Robchev Valisejy Ivanovich." She informed Emily, smiling slightly, her father had been a good man though he unfortunately did not survive the war against the fascists. "No... Boyfriends." Yena took her time answering that. "My mother is Enyo and my foes are Germans the war might be over but I'm not ready to forgive them. Not at the moment... The pain is too strong at the present."
Lindsey Callaghan
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 1/2/2016, 12:53 pm

That makes sense. Em said in regards to the comment about Germans. Em felt her mind go into overdrive at the mention of no boyfriends though. I haven't either. I'm not into guys. She said shrugging and letting go of Yena's hand to place them behind her and lean back smiling casually. Was Em embarrassed about being gay? Only partially. Ever since Jana Kay had brushed her off she stopped caring really about who knew and who didn't. She hadn't met any homophobes at camp yet so there was no harm.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Unused Goodies
-10 Slots
-5 Gp gifts
-2 exotic pets
-Custom Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsey Callaghan on 1/2/2016, 1:14 pm

Yena chuckled. "After fighting them for so long and seeing what was done to my homeland... It is not something I can quickly let go of." She hoped that in time she would be able to, hatred regardless of reason happened to be something she wished to not feel for all her life.
"Oh... I see." Yena stammered. "I... I've not had much luck on that front." She joked awkwardly.
Lindsey Callaghan
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 1/2/2016, 1:18 pm

Oddly enough neither have I, and my mom is Aphrodite. the demigod laughed. It was actually pretty pathetic sometimes, how often she couldn't get a date with another girl. Are you seeing anyone? Em asked in a friendly manner. She wasn't flirting, not really, she was more curious than anything.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Unused Goodies
-10 Slots
-5 Gp gifts
-2 exotic pets
-Custom Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsey Callaghan on 1/2/2016, 2:36 pm

"The Goddess of Love." Yena commented with a smile, she coughed awkwardly. "No... Not since WW Two." She managed to stammer out. "I am guessing you are single since... Well you said you were having issues?"
Lindsey Callaghan
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 1/3/2016, 3:21 am

Yeah. You would be surprised as to how many people here aren't a girl who are also into a girl. You're about the only other one I know. Em said with a small laugh and shrug. It was sort of nice to be able to talk about dating other girls with someone who wasn't her half brother, even though he was super sweet about it all. Right now all Em wanted was to find someone to date and care for them while having them there when she needed them and her being there for them.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Unused Goodies
-10 Slots
-5 Gp gifts
-2 exotic pets
-Custom Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsey Callaghan on 1/3/2016, 4:07 am

"That's preposterous I'm... I'm not attracted to girls I've just been waiting for the right boy." Yena stammered out, objecting to what the other girl implied. She still was not ready to reveal the truth to virtually anyone at camp. To them it may not have been a big deal, yet on the other hand to Yena it happened to be massive.
But... Surely there could be no way of hiding what someone loved or what they were attracted to from the Goddess of Love and her children?
Lindsey Callaghan
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 1/3/2016, 4:18 am

Emily let out a laugh. Come on, I'm not gonna tell anyone. Besides, I have nobody to tell it to. She shrugged looking at Yena with a smile on her face. There was no way she was gonna do anything to upset the cute Russian so she decided to drop it just in case. So what do you do around here? Like, for fun. The daughter of Aphrodite said sitting criss crossed on the rock and fiddling with her messy bun seeing as some of the hair started to fall out. It was frustrating and annoying. Can you help me? I can't see what I'm doing and need to use bobby pins to stop it from falling out. The girl asked holding out the pins to Yena, hopefully she could help the blonde with her problem.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Unused Goodies
-10 Slots
-5 Gp gifts
-2 exotic pets
-Custom Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsey Callaghan on 1/3/2016, 4:31 am

"I don't know what you are talking about." She had dated someone in the past, before Yena headed home to fight for the Soviet Union. But few campers would, might know about such a thing.
"Me? Read, practice using unconventional weapons... Use war games miniatures." They were oddly calming.

"Er... Sure... How do you use these again?" She took the bobby pins in a manner to someone being offered a live hand grenade or a land mine.
Lindsey Callaghan
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next