Hiya everbody...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hiya everbody...

Post by Lolo Dekus on 1/4/2016, 10:59 pm

Yes a nerd/loner to try and make friends just joined your party...
Lolo Dekus

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2016-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hiya everbody...

Post by Lolo Dekus on 1/4/2016, 11:00 pm

P.s I have read the rules and I kinda don't understand...
Lolo Dekus

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolo Dekus on 1/4/2016, 11:03 pm

P.P.S I'm lolo deku a youtuber who will soon make a character but can't as he's using a phone to view the website.
Lolo Dekus

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kendall on 1/4/2016, 11:42 pm

Please don't post multiple times in a row (except in your cabin areas, your own stories in the story section, and maybe some other places I can't recall off the top of my head at the moment). If you need to add things on, you can use the Edit button in the top righthand corner to do so.

But welcome to the site! I'm Kendall, one of your friendly neighborhood admins. If you have any questions, feel free to pm one of the admins (black usernames), one of the moderators (pink), or an approver for character forms (violet).

For now, though: Which rules do you have questions about?
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
Number of posts : 43508
Registration date : 2008-09-13

View user profile

Kendall (Ares) Archer (Hecate) Avie (Soter) Stella (Ouranos) Aidan (Pyriphlegethon) Tempest (Aeolus) Bee (Melisseus) Nelly (Apollo) Benji (Thoth) Dana (Odyne) Mason (Hermes) Darwin (Hephaestus) Lucy (Somnus; First Cohort)Dorian (Legacy of Mefitis; Third Cohort)Ellie (Dionysus; Hunter of Artemis)

[4 free slots --> Terra, Kai, Rosalie, and Mina are gone]

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolo Dekus on 1/4/2016, 11:47 pm

Basically all the roleplaying rules as I'm new to this... Hwever I understand a lot of stuff (lore?)about this.
Lolo Dekus

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kendall on 1/5/2016, 12:39 am

To start, here are some useful guides/topics for you to read through that may answer some of your questions:
https://www.camphalfblood.org/t10339-guide-to-roleplaying
https://www.camphalfblood.org/t3-character-form

Otherwise, here are some explanations of the rules:

Roleplaying requires an approved character.
The second topic I listed will show you the rules and process for getting your character approved. The RP Area extends from the Big House all the way down to Special Places -- you can't post here until you have at least 1 approved character. An approver will look through your form and ask you to make corrections/elaborate on things; when you've fulfilled all the requirements to their satisfaction, you will be approved and can role-play.

No power playing or god modding.
Power-play refers to you controlling another person's character without permission. For example, your character punches the other -- and in the same post, without giving the other person a chance to respond, makes it contact the other character's face without their permission.

God-mod is making your character virtually unbeatable, like they can dodge or block everything/anything and are impossibly strong and fast.

Characters can be in five topics at a time.
This means your character can participate in five topics at once, even if this means the timeline isn't exactly linear. For example, you can have your character meeting another character for the first time in one topic, but at the same time they're together in another topic having known each other for years.

No posting with private roleplays uninvited.
Topics are marked with different tags in either the title or the topic description, like "private" or "for (insert username here)" -- this means you may not post in this topic unless either you were invited in by the topic creator or your name is one of the people listed who may post there. Topics marked "public" or "open" or nothing at all means anyone can post there.

No vehicles or firearms allowed in campgrounds.
This just means no cars/motorcycles/other vehicles or any type of firearm (guns) are allowed in the camp -- because logically nobody would be able to hide vehicles around camp unless they had made one... and there's really no need to have them, since pegasi exist. Also, guns would make battles incredibly unfair, so we nixed those at the very beginning.

Only an administrator can role play a god (unless given special permission.)
This just means no regular user can play a god -- only admins can, or staff if given permission to. I don't think we've ever let a regular member that wasn't a retired admin/current staff play a god, so there's very little chance a regular member can.

Quests can only be given by administrators, and only approved members may participate.
Quests, which must be bought in our site shop with drachmas earned by posting in the RP Area/contests/mystery boxes/running a Designer Forum store where people can purchase/commission things from you, are to be approved by an admin; you must give us a premise, a prophecy, list of participant members, an outline of how the quest is supposed to go, lists of monsters/gods that will appear, etc. If the admin thinks part of this is illogical or against the rules, you will be asked to change things until it meets the standard requirements.

Gifts given by god parent require prior approval by Administrator.
In both character forms or god parent gifts (either bought in the site store, as a prize in contests or mystery boxes, or for solstice), you need to describe what you want your character to have. An admin will look over your request and decide whether or not it is approvable, similar to looking over a character form. If not, we'll ask you to make changes to make it approvable -- and when it is, we can deliver it to your intended recipient or you can add it to the form if you bought the gift but the character isn't approved yet/you want it there for organization purposes.

I hope this clears things up for you; if not, feel free to say so.
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
Number of posts : 43508
Registration date : 2008-09-13

View user profile

Kendall (Ares) Archer (Hecate) Avie (Soter) Stella (Ouranos) Aidan (Pyriphlegethon) Tempest (Aeolus) Bee (Melisseus) Nelly (Apollo) Benji (Thoth) Dana (Odyne) Mason (Hermes) Darwin (Hephaestus) Lucy (Somnus; First Cohort)Dorian (Legacy of Mefitis; Third Cohort)Ellie (Dionysus; Hunter of Artemis)

[4 free slots --> Terra, Kai, Rosalie, and Mina are gone]

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh on 1/5/2016, 10:15 am

Hello Lolo, and welcome to Camp Half Blood.

I'm Josh, one of the admins on this site, and we're here to make sure that you, and everyone else, has a good time.

Before you do anything, I suggest you read the rules, which you can do so by clicking here .

Then, I would suggest you read the rules on how to create a character, which also has advice on how to make your first of hopefully many characters here. These rules can be found here.

If you have any questions, feel free to Private Message myself, in order to do that, you can click the [pm] box at the bottom of my post here, you can also do this on other people's post too. Or, you can click the messages tab at the top of the page, and send a new message and then enter our usernames individually.

However, you don't just have to Private message myself, there are other groups whom you can message for help. These groups are:
The admins (to which I am a member of), and the other admins can be viewed here.
The moderators, which can be viewed here.
Or, you can message the Approvers if you want help in making a character, and they can be viewed here.
Feel free to Private Message (PM) any of us with any questions you may have! Or, if someone is bothering you, or you see an issue. Hopefully that won't be the case, but just so you're aware you can.

Whilst you wait for your first character to be approved, which can take a few tries and some time, join in the other non-rp discussions with can be found in the Out of character (OOC) topic, which can be found here. or better yet, join in the conversation and say hi on the chatbox, which is at the bottom of the homepage, or for an alternative link, go here.

I hope you enjoy your stay here, welcome to the site.

Josh
The Genius

Male
Number of posts : 3579
Registration date : 2012-08-07

View user profile

Kyla O'Shea - Tyche - 17
Ciara Martin - 14 - Pollux

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content