Hair: Black
Height: 5'
Body Type: Skinny
Skin Color: white
God Parent: Hecate
Mortal Parent: Francis Good
Country of Origin: United States
Pets: None
Talents: Minor Mystiokinesis,manipulation of The Mist, magic use, he is very good at drawing, sleight of hand and an innate ability to know directions.

Weapon**: Kukri,  a dagger about 9 inches with a concave curve, made of celestial bronze.

Personality: Very quite used to being alone. He doesn't talk much when he is in a group of three or more, but can be quite excitable in one on one conversations. He doesn't like to show of trick that he learned from his father because he isn't very good at presenting them.

Flaws: He trust to much in his magic abilities, and has a Marty McFly Complex, and cant go anywhere without his Silver-Half dollars.

Abilities (must relate to god parent; optional):  Know direction at all times, sees through most Most.

Powers (must relate to god parent; optional): Has the ability to cast spells
An energy blast a will up to 60 feet, cool down 1 round
Teleport ad far as I can see 4 post cool down
Shield bubble 10 foot radiuslast 5 post s with a 5 post cooldown

minor abilities to manipulate mist. I.e. make a 6x4 in piece of paper into dollar bills, change clothes appearence, slight change to person like height age hair but not much.

Life Before Camp*:
I spent his life on the road with my father learning about sleight of hand and stage magic. I would constantly ask about my mom but he wold never talk about her so i learned to stop. I thought that i was crazy most of my life always seeing strange monsters on our tail. other than that  dad and I  had a lot of fun and i learned a lot from him. But when I was twelve I watch my father die trying to win big money in a poker game, he was having a slump and couldn't get any shows, they tried to get me but, that's when my magic abilities began. I ran for my life and have been running ever since. Awhile back i met my a strange girl, a little older than me, and she gave me a weird dagger, it is about 8-9 inches and it is sharp on the inside where it is also curved inwards but the end is heavy, she said it was to kill the monsters chasing me and she gave that specifically to conceal easily and it would work well with his body type. She gave me some weird advice about showing people what they want to see and I can hide in plain sight. I have somewhat learned to do that, I can make a Credit card look like a license, and a piece a paper look like money, that ones really useful. I have spent a long time in Manhattan it just felt like the place to be, untl I met Matt Meadows,  he was strange at first , I bumped into him at all sorts of my usual hang outs and I spotted him wacthing me. I finally decided to approach him after a week of his stalking and he told me about the real world and helped me to reAlize I wasn't the only one who fought monsters. He then led me to Camp half-blood, and here I am.

RP Example*:
As my Eyes watered from the shock, being alone in Las Vegas, I noticed that all the Players had their eyes on me. It took me a moment to realize that they were talking to me... "I don't know!" I yelled. They just laughed at me as they raised their weapons at me. My breath catches  in my throat. The man with the largest stack of chips, they used to be my dad's but they caught him, says "lets have some fun with the Good kid before we continue, and make sure the kid learns to never cheat." I hear a blast and shut my eyes. I feel nothing, as I open them, everything is purple. There's a dark shape right in front of my face and everyone's eyes are wide with there mouths on the floor. So I run and never look back. Bye Dad..... And that's how I learned I had Magic.

Any notes about your characters:
He has spent his life running from the Monsters. He has picked up the cash he has needed from those who look like they wont miss it. He doesn't look like he has lived the last 2 years on the road. He has mid-length Dark hair, and a crooked smile, hes wearing jeans and a dark grey pea-coat on.
1 edit spell specifics and not meeting mom. Hope

Last edited by dmurdock on 10/14/2016, 7:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
dmurdock

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2016-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Good, Son of Hecate

Post by Morgan Landry on 10/13/2016, 6:21 pm

Hi!

- Since we're quite nitpicky on powers (have a history of powerplayers and godmodders), would you mind describing in detail what each spell does, what exactly he is able to do with the Mist?
- Also, we have a system of post cool downs where our characters can only use their powers for a set amount of posts and need another amount of posts cool down before they can use it again. Eg, Luigi can create fireballs for 4 posts and needs a cool down of 6 posts. Could you do something similar please?
- Our characters aren't allowed to have met their parents before coming to camp. (Except if you've won a god parent visit.) Please edit out the part about his mother. I think the most I'd allow is a dream of her giving him a piece of advice.
- Maybe he was found by a satyr, who gave him the dagger? Demigods don't stumble across Camp Half-Blood...

Rest looks good!
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female
Number of posts : 15434
Registration date : 2011-12-31

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
(My mystery box prizes: 2 god parent gifts+2 slots+1exotic pet)

Back to top Go down

Post by dmurdock on 10/13/2016, 9:47 pm

My thoughts were that I got directions from Hecate because it would be hard for a satyr to find me because of my disguises, but I guess I still smell. Is it a bad smell?
dmurdock

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 10/14/2016, 1:52 am

Satyrs manage to smell out demigods despite Mist so yeah, one could've found you :)
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by dmurdock on 10/14/2016, 5:54 am

So how does everything look? And what's next?
dmurdock

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 10/14/2016, 6:32 pm

Hey!

- Please reduce the energy blast by half for now and add a good cool down. 5 posts should do it.
- Add one or two posts to the teleportation cool down. (Is it shadow-traveling?)
- Try to make the cool down longer than the amount of posts the power lasts for. For the shield, maybe invert the two. Say he can hold it for 3 posts and needs 5 to cool down and regain some energy.
- Who was the strange girl?
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by dmurdock on 10/14/2016, 6:59 pm

Ok can do with the powers and just regular teleporting, my thoughts were that the girl was a hunter he ran across and she saw him beat a monster... Is that ok?
dmurdock

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: