Eating Lunch (P)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Eating Lunch (P)

Post by Green on 1/13/2017, 1:12 am

Lorne finally came to the lake after he headed to his cabin to grab his string back pack and fill it with a couple of things. He looked around a bit before deciding a spot that was a good thirty feet away from the shore of the lake. Taking a seat, Lorne pulled out his white and gold snap back and placed it on the top of his head. For some reason, the son of Nike's heart was beating faster than normal. Maybe it was in anticipation for the food or maybe just seeing Jackson. He shook the thought from his head and decided to lay back and close his eyes.
Green
Loyal Member

Male
Number of posts : 4470
Registration date : 2014-11-16

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Re: Eating Lunch (P)

Post by QTheRevolution on 1/13/2017, 3:17 am

Jackson had taken the time to go back to his cabin and change out of his basketball clothes. Jackson slipped into a pair of light jeans and a salmon hoodie over a black t-shirt. Jackson also decided to change into his glasses to avoid his eyes hurting anymore than they were. Jackson hurried out of his cabin and ran into the mess hall. He quickly collected as many different kinds of food as he could, trying to make sure that he had something that both he and Lorne would like.

Jackson hurried out of the mess hall and made his way down to the lake. The sun was high in the sky, so there were a few people at the lake, trying to get time in the sun before winter hit camp. Jackson looked around and eventually locked his eyes on Lorne. He hurried over there and set his stuff down, laying down next to Lorne. "Well, hi there."

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female
Number of posts : 5515
Registration date : 2010-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 1/13/2017, 4:01 pm

Lorne nearly drifted off to sleep when Jackson came over with the food. "Oh, hey." He opened an eye and looked up at the son of Ares. "You changed your clothes? Hm." Lorne sat up and scooted over so Jackson could take a seat. "So, what did you get?"
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 1/13/2017, 4:50 pm

Jackson smiled when Lorne commented on the fact that he had changed. "Oh, yeah. This is more me." Jackson said, sitting up and pushing his glasses up his nose. Jackson pulled out a few containers of food. One had some Mexican food, another Italian, and another with some American classics. "I didn't know what you liked so I tried to get a bunch of different stuff." Jackson pulled some paper plates and plastic silverware out of his bag as well as a few cans of soda. He opened the Mexican container and slid a few enchiladas on to his plate, his absolute favorite. He grabbed Lorne's plate. "What can I get for you?"

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 1/13/2017, 6:50 pm

Lorne thought about it for a few more minutes. He had American food yesterday before the campfire so he didn't want that for sure. The son of Nike looked at Jackson's hoodie and smirked. "Uh, I'll just get Mexican too." Lorne stole Jackson's plate from him and quickly turned so that his back was to him. "Thank you."
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 1/14/2017, 2:17 am

Jackson saw the white of his plate flashing past his eyes. He sighed, rolling his eyes jokingly at Lorne, placing the same stuff as before on his plate. He grabbed some plasticware and popped open a can of Diet Pepsi. Jackson crossed his legs, setting his food in his lap. After taking a bite out of his enchiladas, he set the fork and knife down. He started to drum on his legs with his thumbs. This, or doing it on his chest, was a kind of nervous habit for him. He didn't really know why he was nervous. He just knew that he was. "This is good." Jackson mumbled, taking another bite.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 1/14/2017, 11:39 am

Lorne slowly looked over his shoulder to get a glance at Jackson. He allowed his eyes to linger for a bit before turning back around. "It is. It's very good. I ain't surprised, though. The Mess Hall usually has the best food." He said truthfully. Lorne took a couple more bites out of the enchiladas before turning around to face Jackson. "What kind of Italian food is in basket?"
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 1/14/2017, 6:44 pm

Jackson dug into the basket and pulled out the container of Italian food. It was larger than the Mexican one. He popped the top off and pushed it to Lorne. "Basically anything I could get my hands on. I wanted to make sure I had what you like." Jackson said with a small sweet smile, his eyes lingering for a second too long before looking down nervously. "So, uh, whatever stuff so you like? Like your favorite book, favorite movie, favorite song? Anything else you like besides competition things?" Jackson said, picking at his food nervously. He was absolutely starving but anything be put his stomach made it flip itself in knots. He couldn't figure out why, though.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 1/15/2017, 1:55 am

"Uh," Lorne scratched the back of his neck in thought. "I like sports..." He glanced over at Jackson and immediately felt his face get hot. Lorne quickly turned his gaze to his plate. "I love sports. Even chess, uh." He could feel his mouth getting dry and he didn't like it. "...I don't really read unless I have to." He took several bites of his enchiladas before he finished it off. The son of Nike looked over at Jackson, then back down at his plate. "Uh," Lorne felt like he couldn't think straight. "I dunno, man." He laughed breathlessly. "I like R&B and rap. Movie? The Avengers."
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 1/15/2017, 3:33 pm

Jackson smiled and cut off Lorne's borderline rambling. "How about I take over. My favorite book is The Catcher in the Rye. My favorite movie is Remember the Titans. My favorite song is "Could Be Another Change" by The Samples." Jackson continued to pick at his food, suddenly really nervous to keep going. Drumming on his knees, he said, "I like NYC, Taco Bell, pretty boys, Christmas movies, and teal things." Jackson said, looking down at his plate, starting to eat more quickly than before.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 1/15/2017, 5:16 pm

The son of Nike was relieved when Jackson started talking. He was sure that to the son of Ares, he wasn't making very much sense. "Oh, that's what's u-- wait." Lorne quickly tuend around to look at Jackson. Did he just say what he thought he said? The African-American demigod shifted awkwardly and felt his hands start to bead up with sweat. "...You're gay?" He asked in shock. Lorne scrambled to his feet, knocking his plate over. "You're...you're..." He stammered. His heart beat increased and his eyes became wide. Lorne was scared not because Jackson was straight, but because of his own feelings. Feels that he tried to keep buried for a very long time.
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 1/15/2017, 5:40 pm

Jackson smiled and nodded. He had come to terms with his sexuality a long time ago and he didn't really have anything to hide with it. His parents knew, his friends knew, no big deal. "Oh yeah. That's a thing." Jackson said casually, going back to his food. After finishing off the last couple bites on his plate, Jackson looked back up at Lorne, who was staring at him, eyes wide. "Oi, is that okay, mate?" It had been a long time since Jackson had had a bad experience when coming out to someone, and he really didn't want to have another one. He hadn't expected Lorne to be that one.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 1/15/2017, 10:20 pm

Lorne stared at him for a bit before shaking his head and taking a step away. "Y-yeah, but I'm not like you so...don't try none of that gay s*it." Lorne slowly sat back down beside Jackson and cleared his throat. He didn't know what he was feeling right now, but he knew that it involved Jackson.
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 1/15/2017, 10:29 pm

Jackson's eyebrows turned in. "I wasn't planning on it, but you don't have to be a jerk about it." Jackson set his plate down, suddenly extremely uncomfortable. He didn't think that Lorne had meant it to be rude, but nonetheless it had been. Jackson fixed his glasses and then reached into his bag, pulling out his headphones. He plugged them into his iPod and before putting them on, looked at Lorne and said, "You're not my type, anyway, mate. I prefer people who actually care about something besides themselves." Jackson said, putting his headphones on. He knew that was rude, but he didn't care. He pressed play and laid back on the ground, spinning the ring on his finger unconsciously.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 1/15/2017, 10:51 pm

The son of Nike stared at Jackson for a bit. "I'm not bein' a jerk 'nd don't you--." He stopped himself. Lorne's urban accent emerged. He quickly cleared his throat and shook his head. "I'm not all about myself first of all. Second of all," Lorne grabbed the ends of Jackson's headphones and attempted to snatch them out of his ear. "At least I know why you act the way you do!" Lorne didn't know where that came from and immediately regretted it. Instead of being a normal person and apologizing, he tossed the tub of Italian food at him for good measure.
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 1/16/2017, 12:21 am

Jackson was absolutely shocked by what was coming from Lorne. If he had known that this was what he would have been like, he would have never even given him the time of day. Nothing was as shocking, though, as when Jackson was suddenly wearing Italian food. Jackson stood up and grabbed a bowl of ranch dressing and poored it over Lorne's head. "You are the absolute scum of this world if that's how you feel about this. I don't ever want to be friends with someone like you." Jackson practically growled at Lorne, his British accent coming out in full force. As he talked Jackson slipped the ring off his finger, causing it grow into its full form as his sword. "I'm not going to hurt you right now. But if you ever say anything offensive to me or about me or about anyone like me, you are dead."

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 1/16/2017, 12:30 am

"...I-if anyone's scum it's you!" He wiped the ranch from his face so that it didn't get in his eyes as he stood up. "And who said I wanted to be your friend?! I don't want anything to do with you." He wanted everything to do with Jackson and it made his mind hurt. He never viewed himself as gay. He loved girls. Everything about them, but there was something about Jackson that made him want different things. Lorne reached into his pocket to grab his key that transformed into a celestial bronze spear. "You'd have to beat me first. What kind of guy lets another guy put his--." He shook his and started to back away, leaving drops of ranch on the ground. "You're sick! Something is wrong with m-- you!" Lorne screamed. "Go paint your nails or something" He was angry with himself and he hated it.
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 1/16/2017, 12:43 am

Jackson stopped what he was doing, twisting the end of his sword so that it turned back into his ring. He slipped it back onto his finger. He took a few deep breaths and then took a couple steps back. "I don't know what your problem is, but I'm not going to stand here and be insulted by an ignorant bigot like you. I'm happy with who I am and nothing that you say or do is going to change me." Jackson turned around and started to pack his stuff. He was absolutely fuming but he wasn't going to let Lorne get the better of him. There was something about his voice that was off to Jackson, but he was too angry to really notice or care.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 1/16/2017, 12:51 am

Lorne kept his spear out, but didn't say anything as he watched Jackson gather his things. This was not how he imaged his day going, but look at how the Fates can turn everything upside down. "I-I..." He wanted to say sorry, but knew that it was too late to say anything. He too deactivated his spear and placed his key into his back pocket.

"..." He turned his gaze to the ground as guilt flooded his conscious. "I hope you have knee pads." And with that horrible comment being said, he sprinted off.
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 1/16/2017, 1:01 am

Jackson watches as Lorne sprinted away. He knew that something was very wrong but he had no clue what to do about it, and, frankly, he didn't want to do anything about it. He didn't want anything to do with Lorne right now. This was not at all how he had expected today to go. Jackson sat on the ground, and pulled out the uneffected container of American food. Jackson pulled his headphones that had ended up on the ground back to him and put them back on. He pressed play and laid back. He ate a few fries before starting to dose off. He closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep on the grass thinking about everything that had just happened with Lorne.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top