This Girl is Planets Away (Private)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This Girl is Planets Away (Private)

Post by QTheRevolution on 1/17/2017, 6:27 pm

It was late at night, maybe later than Emma should be out alone, but the daughter of Zelos was laying out under the stars. It was Emma's favorite time of year, because most of the visible planets could be seen in the sky. It was a little bit chilly outside, but just the kind of chilly it got at night. Emma was wearing a yellow flowery dress with a brown jacket and a pair of knee high lace up brown boots. Emma was humming a song while picking at strands of grass while looking up at the sky and thinking about her place in the Universe

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female
Number of posts : 5515
Registration date : 2010-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This Girl is Planets Away (Private)

Post by avandewiele on 1/17/2017, 6:41 pm

Alex wandered along the beach, idly kicking up small tufts of golden sand with each step. It hadn't even been a week since he'd been brought to camp, and he still had some trouble sleeping in his cabin. He hadn't told anyone, though. He knew he would get used to it soon. In the meantime, he got up when it was late and his mind was running, put on his camp half blood tee and knife belt, and went out for a walk. The beach was beautiful at night. The moon was bright, causing shadows to drift across the water. He was so busy watching the waves he barely noticed when he almost stepped on a girl laying comfortably in the sand! "Sorry!" He cried, his Canadian instincts taking over.
avandewiele

Male
Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2017-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 1/17/2017, 6:56 pm

Emma jumped a little bit when a foot almost stepped on her. She sat up quickly, and then a smile spread wide across her face. "Oh, goodness. Don't worry about it. I was just laying and looking at the stars." Emma laid back in the grass, looking up at the sky. "Do you want to join me?" Emma said. She knew that Allison wouldn't be happy with her for this. She always really worried about Emma being so kind and open to people.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by avandewiele on 1/17/2017, 7:01 pm

Alex smiled back at the dark-haired girl and stood for a moment, wondering if he should sit or not. She certainly seemed nice enough, especially compared to the Ares kids who kept threatening to put his head in a toilet. He dropped himself into the sand near her, looking up. He recognized a few of the constellations he had learned about over the last few days; A man here, Orion there, the huntress Zoe to their left. "It's really kind of amazing," said Alex. "I just found out about gods and monsters and I still think the stars are some of the most mystical things in the universe."
avandewiele

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 1/17/2017, 7:07 pm

Emma smiled, looking up at the stars. "It's funny that people say stuff like that, like that people would change when they found out about the gods. I still think the world and the sky are fascinating. I don't care how they got there, just that they are there now." Emma said. While everything she said made sense, there was a certain light and happiness to her voice that eluded to the fact that Emma wasn't totally grounded in the real world. "I'm Emma, by the way."

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by avandewiele on 1/17/2017, 7:12 pm

"Alex, son of Zephyros" he said, turning and offering her a hand. That had become his standard greeting as he adapted to this world. As she spoke, he wasn't sure if it was sleep deprivation messing with his hearing or her, but he would have sworn she sounded a little like she was dreaming. "Do you come here often?" He asked, propping himself up on one shoulder and looking at her.
avandewiele

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 1/17/2017, 7:16 pm

Emma shook the boys hand and then shrugged at his question. "When I get a chance, I guess. I don't really spend much time alone. I'm usually with my brother, Miles, or my cousin, Allison. I'm sure one of them will stop by soon. Its been a little bit. They're my best frineds." Emma said. She didn't really understand why Miles and Allison were really around. They were all best friends, but they also had to protect Emma from the world, to an extent. "Do you have a favorite constellation?"

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by avandewiele on 1/17/2017, 7:21 pm

"You have family here?" asked Alex. He was an only child, and while he was good at making friends, he had moved a lot and was awful at staying in touch. "Are they in the same cabin as you?" Thinking more about her question, he pointed an arm up to the sky, shaking a light powder of sand onto his face as he did so. "That one," he said. "Canis Major. I love dogs, and that always reminds me of the ones I had a few years back."
avandewiele

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 1/17/2017, 11:55 pm

Emma shook her head. "It's kind of confusing, to be honest. My mortal Dad married Miles' mortal mom when I was 1 and he was 4. Allison's mortal dad is my dad's brother. She lived in London until she was like 11, and then she moved in with us. I have another cousin who lived with us, too. His name is Dallas. He's coming here soon. Miles' dad is Hypnos, my mom is Zelos, and Allison's mom is Athena. Dallas' god parent is still unknown." Emma explained her confusing family situation with a shrug. She was used to it being confusing. Emma pointed up at the sky. "I like Orion."

ooc: Dallas is a WIP right now
QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by avandewiele on 1/18/2017, 7:23 am

Alex raised an eyebrow as she fired off the explanation of her family. "So there's four of you, all with different parents? Wow." He laughed. "For me it's always just been me and my mom. I have some cousins on her side, though. And more than a few on my dads side," he grinned, shooting her a smile. "Are there a lot of families like that? With more than one kid here?"
avandewiele

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 1/18/2017, 1:48 pm

Emma shook her head. "There are definitely some people who have people who they are related to on the mortal side, but nobody quite like us. I guess there is just something about us Ryder's." Emma said with a small laugh. She loved having her brother and cousins here at camp to help her. They made the world so much better. "I'd love for you to meet Miles and Allison, and someday Dallas. They are the absolute best."

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by avandewiele on 1/18/2017, 5:15 pm

Alex sat up, thinking. "Well," he started slowly,"I wasn't planning on doing anything tonight. Why not go meet them!" The cabins weren't far, and he doubted the older campers would be asleep so quickly. He could see the cabins surrounded by the bubbles of light cast out from the scattered torches, with the golden Apollo cabin in particular shining like a beacon.
avandewiele

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 1/18/2017, 11:41 pm

Emma sat up and looked at Alex. "Oh, I'm sure you'll meet them. They don't really leave me alone for too long. Let's just say, they don't really think I have the best grasp on the world and it has gotten me in trouble before." Emma didn't really like to talk about that specific part of her past. She had a really bad situation happen right before she came to camp and it was almost really dangerous.

Emma got knocked out of her trance when she heard footsteps. She saw Allison and Miles in the distance. Emma got up and ran over, hugging her best friend/ cousin.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by avandewiele on 1/19/2017, 7:28 am

Alex thought he had said something wrong when Emma hopped up and started moving away from him without a word of goodbye. When he turned to see where she was headed, though, he saw two older-looking campers, a boy and a girl, hug her. He slowly got to his feet, unsure of whether he should interrupt or not.
avandewiele

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 1/19/2017, 1:29 pm

Emma turned around, grabbing Miles and Allison's hands and pulling them over to Alex. "Alex, this is my cousin Allison and my brother Miles. Allison, Miles, this is Alex." Emma said with a big smile on her face. She loved Miles and Allison and loved showing them off to people. "Nice to meet you, Alex." Miles said, and then turned to Emma. "I saw the coolest moon flowers. You have to come and see." Miles said, pulling Emma away with him. "I'll be right back." Emma called back to Alex.

Once they were out of ear shot, Allison turned to Alex. "Okay, let's get something straight. Emma is a special little flower. She doesn't understand the world. She sees the best in everything. We can't tell her everything. Miles and I are here to protect her. We are the Emmaville Council." Allison said quickly.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by avandewiele on 1/19/2017, 4:06 pm

Alex smiled and shook Mile's and Allison's hands, then watched as Miles pulled her away to go look at some flowers. It reminded him of the times his mother would have a junior architect take him away to distract him while his mother went out to do adult things. It had never fooled him, even when he was young, but he felt like Emma would believe just about anything.
His suspicions were confirmed when Allison turned back to him looking serious and explained about them protecting Emma. The dark shadows made her look much darker and much more frightening away from the lights. "She seems alright to me," he started. Sure, she had acted a bit faraway at times, but he had figured that was just because it was late. "Seeing the best in everyone isn't a bad trait, after all," he added.
avandewiele

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 1/19/2017, 7:08 pm

Allison sighed. "I know that it's not, but it's kind of dangerous when she does it. She will do anything someone she trusts tells her to because she thinks that the world loves her and everything will go well. She thinks everything is universe trying to teach her something. She doesn't understand that things can hurt her." Allison said, her voice moving from strict to sad. Emma was her whole entire world. The thunder to her lighting. The light to her dark. She could not see her get hurt again. "There was a boy. It was after Miles and I had moved here but before Emma had. She caught on to how trusting Emma was and used that to his advantage, until he was done with her. She was destroyed." Allison said.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by avandewiele on 1/19/2017, 7:37 pm

Alex tilted his head in sympathy, thinking of how well Emma must hide her scars for him not to have noticed a thing. It was a sad story, and one he had heard from a few girls before, but he had hoped one of the plusses this new world would be that there were a few less two-faced people around. In that way, he supposed, he was like Emma, always wanting to see the best. "I didn't know," he said, looking Allison in the eye and then finding something interesting to stare at on his shoe. "Does she know you two try to protect her?" he asked.
avandewiele

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 1/19/2017, 10:46 pm

Allison's face scrunched in. "She knows that Miles and I protect her, but I don't think she totally understands why we need to. She doesn't really see the world like most people. She hasn't even really internalized the Tom," Allison practically gagged on the name, "thing. It obviously hurt her, but I don't think she see's the effects it has had on her, but Dallas, Miles, and I do. Those of us who really love her do." Allison looked down, rubbing her hand back through her blonde hair. "Most people can't tell that something happened to Emma. She isn't like the rest of us. Emma is a ball of sunshine inside, but you can only see the light through the cracks."

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by avandewiele on 1/19/2017, 11:03 pm

Alex could tell that Allison was dead serious about keeping her safe. She obviously spent a lot of time thinking about her and caring for her--the fact that she was even out here was proof of that. He thought about how hard it would be to keep someone safe from their own optimism day after day, and how much they must love that person. "Is there anything I can do to help," Alex asked softly, stepping a little closer to the older girl.
avandewiele

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 1/19/2017, 11:19 pm

A small smile flashed across Allison's face. "Just be kind. She's a person, and treat her like one, but be kind. Sometimes she will say something like 'Pluto is my favorite planet'. If it isn't going to hurt her to not know the truth, just accept it. Ask her why. Find me or Miles if you have any questions" Allison heard a pair of footsteps coming towards them. She quickly added, "And do not take advantage of her. If you do, we will find you."

Allison turned back just in time for Emma to run up to her. "The flowers were so pretty. Miles and I are gonna come back tomorrow to pick some to put into a crown."

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by avandewiele on 1/19/2017, 11:28 pm

As Emma ran back towards them, Alex's head reeled from the vague threat/advice he had just been given. He turned towards Emma and got ready to say goodbye. "I'll see you tomorrow?" he asked, eyes on Allison to see her response.
avandewiele

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 1/19/2017, 11:36 pm

Allison gave a small nod to Alex. Emma smiled. "Yeah, I should probably go to bed." Emma said with a big yawn. "I'd love to hand out tomorrow. It would be fun!" Emma said with a huge smile on her face and her hand in Allison's. Miles stood behind them, his thumb on his lips. He added. "Yeah, you'll have fun Emma." Miles said. He looked at Emma and then gestured with his eyes towards the boy as to ask if he was cool. Allison nodded to him.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by avandewiele on 1/19/2017, 11:53 pm

Alex watched the silent exchange going on behind Emma's back and felt a twinge of sympathy for all three of them. He said his goodbyes and wandered across the starlit beach back towards his cabin, and was asleep before he hit the sheets.
avandewiele

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Camp Half Blood :: Camp Half-Blood :: The Lake