Every Monday should be a beach day (private)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Every Monday should be a beach day (private)

Post by Morgan Landry on 4/8/2017, 5:14 am

Time spent at the beach is never wasted. Known fact. Whether you're playing volley, riding the waves or simply floating along on a lounger with a fresh drink, you can't possibly do anything wrong. Except maybe forgetting sunblock -- which, of course, Dayami had. She only packed a towel and donuts.
The beach here was quite different from the ones back in the Philippines. No palm trees, lush greenery or luxurious resorts, but the soft sand and glittering waves were just as welcoming. She was hanging out with other Muse kids while watching the Nike's wreck the Hephaestus' at beach soccer. Cabin #9 was giving it a pretty solid shot, but the Nike kids were out for blood. Dayami swore they were ready to scratch out eyeballs. That was probably why the Hephaestus weren't going all out: anyone knew a serious competition against the Nike cabin generally ended up in nuclear warfare.

"So what're we doing tonight?" Leslie asked.

"Let's watch a movie!"

"Good idea, there's this history documentary I've been dying to --"

"Yeah forget that, we're watching the Expendables."

"Again? But it's not even real!"

"I'd like a drama..."

Here we go, Dayami thought. Muse children were incapable of settling when it came to finding common squad activities. Tragedy? Comedy? History? Rom-com? Action? She quietly got up and stole a smoothie from the tray -- oh look! There was a person over there! Alone too! What an unexpected alternative to her squabbling cousins. Dayami marched over. "Hi there! Would you like a donut?"

OOC: She's wearing a sunflower in her hair. Her outfit is simple: orange camp tee and Hawaiian bermuda shorts.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 4/16/2017, 2:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female
Number of posts : 15339
Registration date : 2011-12-31

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
(My mystery box prizes: 2 god parent gifts+2 slots+1exotic pet)

Back to top Go down

Re: Every Monday should be a beach day (private)

Post by mehbeh1 on 4/8/2017, 3:06 pm

Philip jumped, then quickly turned around. He had been sitting on the beach, thinking deep thoughts, when the girl had walked up to him. Quite possibly, the only time in weeks anyone had walked up to him. "Uh... What was that, miss?" He asked, quietly. "A doughnut?
mehbeh1

Female
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2017-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 4/8/2017, 3:44 pm

"Yup! Cinnamon sugar or strawberry iced? Also can I sit with you cause my cousins over there are arguing again and I just really need a time out," she added in a low whisper.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by mehbeh1 on 4/8/2017, 4:23 pm

He laughed quietly. In order to not sound rude, he asked for the strawberry iced. He then, after taking a dainty bite, ventures back into the depths of his mind.
mehbeh1

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 4/9/2017, 12:39 am

The boy had taken a donut but not answered her other question. Dayami awkwardly shifted on her feet, chewing the inside of her cheek. "So... can I?"
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by mehbeh1 on 4/9/2017, 1:40 am

He chuckled Whoops."Yeah, my bad, of course." He stated, snapping out of his thoughts for good. "Your name?" He wondered aloud.

"I'm Philip, son of Iris." he also answered before the girl could ask.

Last edited by mehbeh1 on 4/9/2017, 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Italics Not Working)
mehbeh1

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 4/11/2017, 6:17 pm

"Dayami, daughter of Thalia." The girl dropped down next to him and chose a donut with sprinkles. "You been here long? I just arrived like, two or three weeks ago."
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by mehbeh1 on 4/11/2017, 11:24 pm

"Only a year." He reported. "You seem to be fitting in pretty well for arriving a week ago." He have a nervous laugh. "Or maybe that's just me." He looked at the girl, which he hated doing. Eye contact was harder for him than for most. "I just hang out here a lot, when I'm not training."
mehbeh1

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 4/12/2017, 12:40 pm

"Thanks! I've made a bunch of friends already, everyone here is pretty cool -- even that guy Jin who never smiles," she happily said. She liked Jin, actually. Probably one of the only ones who did... he was always so gloomy and brooding, not really approachable. "A year is pretty awesome! So you're like, an oldie? Do you haze newbies like the Ares kids do?"
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by mehbeh1 on 4/12/2017, 5:05 pm

"No, not at all." He laughed nervously. "I remember when the Ares kids terrorized me... Not to mention mortals in private school." He smiled akwardly. "You don't want to ever meet them."

Last edited by mehbeh1 on 4/17/2017, 10:11 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Bold not working.)
mehbeh1

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 4/13/2017, 11:51 am

"You went to private school? Are you rich?" Her hand flew to her mouth. "Sorry! I'm so sorry. That was not nice of me. I didn't mean to pry, I'm just really straightforward with no mouth brakes."
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by mehbeh1 on 4/13/2017, 10:51 pm

"Oh." He blushed in embarrassment. "Yeah, I guess so. It something I kinda don't notice a lot, that Some people aren't as lucky as I am. I'm sorry." He reassured, his lips curled in an awkward smile.

Last edited by mehbeh1 on 4/17/2017, 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
mehbeh1

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 4/14/2017, 6:54 am

"No need to apologize! Really, no need." She bit off a chunk of her donut, occasionally glancing at Philip. Her eyes trailed to the side, then she grinned shyly and itched closer. "Actually, if it's not too much to ask... what's it like? Going to private school and everything. Are there a lot of mean girls? Do the guys all play lacrosse? I'm asking cause well, I grew up in the Philippines you see. My father has a coffee shop. I love it there, it's perfect and awesome, but I'm also really interested in everyone else's life too." She chuckled, "I'm not a stalker, I promise."
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by mehbeh1 on 4/14/2017, 3:33 pm

He chuckled nervously. "Uh... Well, there's pretty girls there, not that..." He cut himself off, looking at Dayami. "You know what I mean, right?"

"Then there's the guys, who are raised to be jerks. You know, the girls are too, but I don't think I ever met a guy that wasn't a jerk. You know- one that was human, anyway," He tilted his head, as if in questioning for a second. " I didn't go to a private school my whole life... Just most of it. Uniforms were cool by me, and so were the rules. I guess that's why everyone there thought I was so weird..." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"How was the coffee shop? Sounds peaceful and nice." He then thought, but all the people... "Well, maybe not all the time, but still."
mehbeh1

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 4/16/2017, 12:02 pm

"Yeah I do," she replied even though she had no clue what he'd meant. She listened to him with a smile, then chimed in after his question: "Tourists can be a handful sometimes but other than that it's really cool. We're in a small street so people usually chill outside with an ice cream or a smoothie." Dayami tucked in for another donut. "I wear uniform to school as well, but that's just the way it is in the Philippines. Is it weird in the US?"
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by mehbeh1 on 4/16/2017, 1:24 pm

"Nice fact..." He thought aloud. "In the U.S, you mostly aren't required to wear uniforms in public schools, and kids in private schools hate wearing uniforms because of it." He took another bite out of doughnut, getting crumbs on his shirt. He quickly wiped them off, then starting to absentmindedly draw in the sand.
mehbeh1

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 4/16/2017, 2:58 pm

She nodded, her mouth full, then swallowed and perked up. "So! What's your favourite movie? Mine right now is Moana. I think she might trump Ariel as my favourite Disney princess."

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 4/17/2017, 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by mehbeh1 on 4/16/2017, 4:05 pm

Philip laughed nervously. He was more of a book person, and what he did watch was mostly youtube documentaries. That wasn't what she wanted though, he was sure. "Well..." The boy chuckled. " I like the Star Wars franchise, and my dads and I used to watch The Wizard of Oz when I was little." He smiled. "Honestly, I read more books than I do watch movies. Sometimes I play video games, too, but not many."

OOC: I like Moana too, Dayami and I have something in common. Laughing
mehbeh1

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 4/20/2017, 9:27 am

"Oh really, what books do you read?" Dayami had dyslexia -- which Chiron had explained was because she was a demigod -- so she couldn't really read books. Even though she wanted to so bad... She had to stick to movies and stand-up comedians, as anything with letters gave her a headache. She was a bit jealous of Philip: she'd love to be a bookworm and just sit down somewhere cozy with a book and a cup of tea, and just read till the world ends.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by mehbeh1 on 4/20/2017, 5:09 pm

Of course, being a demigod, Philip too had dyslexia. However, he was lucky enough to have audiobooks and his dad and teachers to read to him when he was little. "I've read lots of different kinds." He said. "Like once when I was little, I went online to look up words and have thir definitions played aloud for me." He laughed. "Nothing was going to stop me from learning useless words only I cared about back then."
mehbeh1

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 4/21/2017, 4:53 pm

"Really?" Dayami laughed with him, he seemed so excited and happy when he talked about books. It was really heart-warming. "Tell me, tell me, what was your favourite book as a child?"
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by mehbeh1 on 4/21/2017, 4:59 pm

"When I was really little, my dad used to read me a book called 'The Kissing Hand'. I liked it a lot because whenever he finished he'd kiss my hand goodnight. It sounds really chessy, but I liked it back then. It was kinda a book about a raccoon, going off to kindergaten for the first time, and he was nervous so his mom gave him kisses on his hand." He smiled, realizing how much he was talking. "I don't remember everything, but I remember that."
mehbeh1

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 4/25/2017, 8:52 pm

Oh my god, that's so heartwarming, Dayami thought.

"It doesn't sound cheesy at all, it sounds really cute actually!" she assured him. "Do you have more stories like that?"
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by mehbeh1 on 4/28/2017, 5:33 pm

Philip stared at the water again. He wondered if he did and had forgotten about them because that happened to the best of people. However, even if that was so, he was a little tired of talking about himself, and he honestly wondered why he had opened up to Dayami so early.

Finally, he shook his head. "Not that I remember, no. So, daughter of Thalia?" He laughed. " Is it fun?"
mehbeh1

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum