Race to Win [private]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Race to Win [private]

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 7/7/2017, 8:31 pm

Vita was underneath her car, which was jacked up about a foot off the ground, and began the much needed upgrades for her next but city race. It was a few weeks out but even still she wanted to work tuning the Nitros just right because one wrong move and she could inevitably get killed in the process of going Turbo. With her jacket and phone tossed to the side she was very much focused on her car and the routing plans she had spent the past three days relearning and finalizing on her laptop. As music played on the speaker from her phone she began tapping her feet which peeked out from underneath the car.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female
Number of posts : 3253
Registration date : 2014-12-18

View user profile https://mixer.com/Chessieblud

Unused Goodies
-10 Slots
-5 Gp gifts
-2 exotic pets
-Custom Rank

Back to top Go down

Re: Race to Win [private]

Post by BriseisBailey5780 on 7/7/2017, 9:07 pm

Marcus was skipping through the camp in boredom before coming upon a girl working under a car, tapping her foot to some music coming out of the speakers. Marcus knew her from around camp.

"Hey!" He yelled. "Verta?" He questioned, not exactly remembering the girl's name. When he got no response, he figured the music was too loud. But instead of turning it down like a regular human being, he decided that was no fun and screamed at the top of his lungs, "VERTA!!!!!"
BriseisBailey5780

Female
Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2017-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 7/7/2017, 9:15 pm

The daughter of Zelos heard someone shouting something along the lines of her name and bumped her head as she tried to look.

"Zut!" she swore in french before sliding out from under the car and rubbing the sore sore on her forehead.

Spotting someone not far off she squinted her eyes and tried to get a better look but had no luck so instead of starting a sound war she simply waved her hand for them to come closer and turned back around to Black Ivory and opened up the engine to get a better look at what she was working on.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Unused Goodies
-10 Slots
-5 Gp gifts
-2 exotic pets
-Custom Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by BriseisBailey5780 on 7/7/2017, 9:24 pm

Marcus saw his sign to come over and hopped over to the girl. She was blonde and pretty and had some engine oil on her cheek.
"Nice motorized vehicle you got here," Marcus said with a grin. "I'm Marcus, son of Nike. It is nice to meet you and I am really bored and would love to hang out." Marcus did some of his best puppy dog eyes.
BriseisBailey5780

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 7/7/2017, 10:11 pm

Making a little bit of an annoyed face the daughter of Zelos muttered to herself in French before moving to a cart of tools and grabbed the canister of Nitros before moving into her sleek car.

"Don't touch anything and you can stay," she said sternly before putting a wrench between her teeth and taking a smaller tool to try and set it up correctly.

The experienced driver was more than happy for an extra pair of hands but it was usually only the hands of a current girlfriend or another racer who could match her in car knowledge.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Unused Goodies
-10 Slots
-5 Gp gifts
-2 exotic pets
-Custom Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by BriseisBailey5780 on 7/7/2017, 11:03 pm

Marcus nodded, doing a little salut as he watched the girl work. He eventually got bored again.

"I bet I can fit more than forty of those bolts in my mouth," Marcus said as his gaze shifted around the room, landing on a jar or metal bolts. "For two drachmas."
BriseisBailey5780

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 7/7/2017, 11:27 pm

"Touch my stuff and I will personally deliver you to the Harpies," she snapped at the demigod before walking back to the table and grabbing several different tools as well as a large binding of tubing for the nitro.

"And if I catch you touching my car you're dead," she scowled at him and then returned to Black Ivory for a few more modifications and a tire change as well to make sure she had good grip on the streets of NYC.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Unused Goodies
-10 Slots
-5 Gp gifts
-2 exotic pets
-Custom Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by BriseisBailey5780 on 7/7/2017, 11:42 pm

Now, Marcus was a son of Nike. He was competitive and loved challenges. All he hear from Vesta or whatever was if she caught him touching the car. In his mind, that meant it as a challenge to see if he could touch the car without her noticing.

Slowly, Marcus inched a hand closer to the hood of the car before tapping it and bringing his hand back quickly. Marcus bit his lip to stop from laughing. He cracked himself up.
BriseisBailey5780

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 7/7/2017, 11:50 pm

Vita was on him in to seconds, pinning him to a nearby tree and had her Katana at his throat with nothing but a scowl on her face.

"Don't. Touch My car," she said with a clenched jaw and her eyes practically burning into his soul.

In moments like this she looked more like an Ares child rather than a daughter of Zelos and it was just another reason for her competitive nature as well as harsher one as well. She knew she was getting out of hand but at the same time she was at the point where she didn't care at all. If people, or brats in this case, were going to continue to test her then she was damn well sure going to prove a point.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Unused Goodies
-10 Slots
-5 Gp gifts
-2 exotic pets
-Custom Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by BriseisBailey5780 on 7/8/2017, 2:24 am

Marcus gulped, not knowing she would react so fast. He got a little nervous with a katana to his throat, but he didn't really want to try out one of his jokes and a girl who looked like she was about to kill him.

"Yes, ma'am," He said with a feeble smile.
BriseisBailey5780

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 7/8/2017, 1:52 pm

Returning her Katana to it's sheath and setting it in the passenger seat she returned to her work and glanced up every now and then at this annoying demigod. She didn't like people who couldn't follow a simple direction and ones who would test her patience to the very brink were even more trouble than they were worth.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Unused Goodies
-10 Slots
-5 Gp gifts
-2 exotic pets
-Custom Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by BriseisBailey5780 on 7/8/2017, 2:16 pm

"Soo Vesta," Marcus droned on. Her could sense the awkward tension in the air and he had never been one of awkward tension. "Who is your godly parent?"

Marcus stuffed his hands into the pockets of his baggy jeans as he leaned back and forth on his feet, eyes wondering around the room.
BriseisBailey5780

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 7/8/2017, 2:21 pm

Vita nearly cringed physically when he tried to say her name and messed up yet again.

"My name is VITA and Im a child of Zelos," she said before sliding herself underneath her car again and working on the tubing and conduit that would run the Nitros to her engine as well as hooking up a few more tubes to help with cooling and the exhaust.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Unused Goodies
-10 Slots
-5 Gp gifts
-2 exotic pets
-Custom Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by BriseisBailey5780 on 7/8/2017, 3:35 pm

"Oh," Marcus said before grinning again. "At least I got the first letter right! That's a point!" Marcus tried to watch what Vita was doing, but he didn't really understand car stuff. He was no son of Hephaestus.

"So Zelos, huh?" Marcus said, trying to make conversation. "I know him, yeah, totally." He signaled he had no idea who the guy was. He wasn't much of a studier.
BriseisBailey5780

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 7/8/2017, 4:20 pm

"God of rivalry and competition, can you pass me the second can of Nitro?" she asked from beneath her car and pointed to the table that was set up with a bunch of car tools and other mechanic items.

Vita wasn't usually one to ask for help but seeing as the boy was so nosy and bothersome she figured it was a better idea to ask for some tool help rather than risk him breaking her car or anything else she may need to her race in a few weeks. Sliding out from under her car she pulled her blonde hair into a messy bun at the top of her head to avoid it getting caught in the underside of the car and to hide any dirty spots that may have appeared from the grease and oil.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Unused Goodies
-10 Slots
-5 Gp gifts
-2 exotic pets
-Custom Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by BriseisBailey5780 on 7/8/2017, 5:14 pm

"Oh cool. Nike's still better though," Marcus said the last part quietly, assuming she couldn't hear him, but more like hoping she couldn't hear the last part.

Marcus nodded his head to her response and started looking around. Nitro. Nitro. Nitro. He thought as he scanned the surface before coming up with a bottle of the stuff and tossing it to Vita.

"So what is the car for? I highly doubt you're going to use it for chariot races," He jokes.
BriseisBailey5780

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 7/8/2017, 7:53 pm

Vita caught the canister and tossed it in the back seat of Black Ivory. Walking to the front of the car and shutting the hood she sat in the drivers seat and ignited the engine, revving the monstrous engine and grinning slyly. It roared to life so much so that you could feel it in your chest if you were as close as the two were.

"I'm a street racer. One of the more well known ones amongst the community at that," Stepping out of the car and putting it back on the ground she began cleaning up her work space and putting her tools in a chest and putting that in the trunk.

"Her name is Black Ivory and we have a race in a few weeks with a prize of four grand. It's not the most amazing pot but even still cash is cash," she chuckled and let down her blonde hair, running a hand through it and looking over her car.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Unused Goodies
-10 Slots
-5 Gp gifts
-2 exotic pets
-Custom Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by BriseisBailey5780 on 7/8/2017, 7:58 pm

"That is a lot of money," Marcus admitted. "I hope I'm getting paid for tossing you that paint can."

Marcus looked around at the car. It was a nice car, but he wasn't really interested in driving when there was Pegasus' and magic chariots around the place. He never learned to drive anyway, so he didn't really see the point of the whole street racing thing.

"I bet you lose your next race," He decided. "Five drachmas."
BriseisBailey5780

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 7/8/2017, 8:10 pm

"How about this; if i win ill give you $1000 and you cannot bother me again and if i loose i still give you the thousand and you can come and talk to me anytime im not in my cabin," she offered with a smug smirk and crossed her arms in front of her.

Money was of no real concern to Vita, she had won too many races to really need anymore.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Unused Goodies
-10 Slots
-5 Gp gifts
-2 exotic pets
-Custom Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by BriseisBailey5780 on 7/8/2017, 8:16 pm

Marcus's eyes lit up. He liked money. Plus, he never backed down a from a bet. Of course, Vita seemed like a cool person, but even if he lost and couldn't talk to her doesn't mean she wouldn't talk to him. He had an irresistible charm that just drew people to him.

"Deal!" Marcus hooted, holding his hand out for a shake.
BriseisBailey5780

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 7/8/2017, 8:22 pm

Shaking his hand firmly the demigoddess chuckled and hopped into her car and rolled down the window.

"Get in, i need an extra pair of hands at the store," she said while revving the roaring engine happily.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Unused Goodies
-10 Slots
-5 Gp gifts
-2 exotic pets
-Custom Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by BriseisBailey5780 on 7/8/2017, 8:23 pm

"Yay, road trip!" He squealed and jumped into the passenger seat before realizing something and a look of panic coming over his face. "Wait -- you aren't going to cut me in half for being in your car, right? You invited me in!"
BriseisBailey5780

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 7/8/2017, 8:31 pm

Rolling her eyes the driver placed her hand on the gear shift and screeched out of camp at an alarming speed. Her eyes were on the road and her hands worked the gears in an expert way. The speedometer read an average of 100mph and to Vita they were going slow, seeing as her car could now reach 250 with the Nitros in the engine.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Unused Goodies
-10 Slots
-5 Gp gifts
-2 exotic pets
-Custom Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by BriseisBailey5780 on 7/8/2017, 8:40 pm

Marcus thought he was legitimately going to puke. He hasn't been in a car for forever and he didn't like it. Especially with Vita driving like a crazy maniac on a mission to kill him!

"Vita, Vita, slow down!" He yelled. "I will pee myself if you keep going so fast."
BriseisBailey5780

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 7/8/2017, 10:00 pm

"Oh calm down ya big baby, we aren't even going that fast," she rolled her eyes as she slowly slid to a stop at the light and began driving like a normal person once she was in the city limits of NYC.

Driving through the streets like a pro she eventually pulled to a stop in front of a rather expensive looking car dealership and repair shop. Getting out she walked inside and shook hands with the man in charge. A few moments later she walked back out and motioned for the kid to follow her to the garage.

"C'mon, he has spare parts from a 2015 Lambo I can use."
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Unused Goodies
-10 Slots
-5 Gp gifts
-2 exotic pets
-Custom Rank